• Show
Clear All

• RIPJAWS KM780R MX .net error and software installation issues

Keyboard: RIPJAWS KM780R MX
    Software/Firmware version: SW 0.91 FW 29
    Operating System: Windows 10 home X64 Fully Updated
    Motherbaord: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R. 2.0
    USB Port: Rear USB 2.0 connection.
    This issue occurs on a new software installation with fresh install of OS.
    Happens with and without McAfee antivirus installed.

When trying to install the Software for this keyboard the update fails then I get the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: array
    at System.Array.IndexOf[T](T[] array, T value)
    at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetBtnSetting(Byte byMode, Byte byFWCode, FWAllKeyData fwAllKeyData, BtnKey& btnKey)
    at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetModeKeySetting(Byte byMode, ModeData modeData)
    at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetDeiceInfo(Boolean bInit)
    at App.Hid.HidProcess.OnDeviceChange(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at App.Hid.UsbDriver.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8825 (WinRelRS3.050727-8800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    App
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/G.SKILL/G.SKILL%20RIPJAWS%20KM780%20MX/App.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8833 built by: WinRelRS3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    NAudio
    Assembly Version: 1.7.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/G.SKILL/G.SKILL%20RIPJAWS%20KM780%20MX/NAudio.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

This is on a fresh install of the OS although what prompted the the fresh install is this error and Asus AI suite 2 not working anymore. After searching I found that the new cumulative update from Microsoft is what is causing the issues with the AI suite to not work so I'm leaning towards the same for this software but that is for your techs to debug.

Is there a Beta software or the like I can use?
    There is very little more I can do on my own to trouble shoot this so if there is more I can do to help figure this out please let me know.

I was able to get the software to work properly by resetting the firmware for the keyboard to FW.26 and reinstalling the software which in turn reinstalled the latest firmware, fw.29.

After some serious thought I remembered that I had run across this issue before about 2 months ago which gave me the idea to restore the original firmware and update to the most resent firmware. The issue is that I should not have to wipe all my settings every couple of months to have my keyboard work properly. Add on top of this, the issue where the software does not persist through log off/sleep log on scenario so we, as customers, must use a work around and create a scheduled task to restart the program. Yes we can export our settings but this does not help if they get deleted or do a reset of the OS, which was my case because I saved it to C:/ drive the last time I had this issue.

I am aware that G.Skill has been aware of these issues for quite some time and yet we, as customers, have yet to see a software/firmware update to resolve these very troublesome and frustrating issues. This keyboard, KM780R MX, is not an end of life item since they are still being produced which raises my next set of questions:

"Where is the support for these keyboards?"
    "Why are we still suffering from these issues?"
    "Is there a plan to fix these issues or are we stuck with defective software?" Very damaging to the company's reputation if we are.
    "For a $100+ USD keyboard that has these issues would you yourself be pleased or consider it a pleasure to use having to deal with this?"

As for that last question this is a normal question for any company to ask themselves while in the developmental stage and life span of there products. At this point as a consumer of this product I can say "when it works it is a pleasure but the fight to keep it working properly is not at all pleasurable."

Please pass on that this is a fix that needs to get done. Thank you.

My last keyboard, a Saitek Cyborg the original one, never had these issues and cost the same amount when I purchased it back in the beginning of the Win Vista days and used it all the way to Win 10 without problems until it finally just outright died, unlike this board. With this background I hope you can see where my displeasure comes from.

Comment

Working...
    X