Trident Z RGB program wont detect ram...still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z RGB program wont detect ram...still

So i've tried everything, update bios,completely remove program and re install, stop all monitoring software ect. I have a z170A MSI m5 mobo and my ram is in slots 2-4, i cant put them in 1-3 because my cooler (kraken x62) covers slot 1. Other programs detect my ram (2 8gb trident z RGB 3200) but the gskill software and arura will not. What else do i do or am i stuck with the rainbow forever?

The 'RGB' signature needs to be presented in SPD. Perhaps it is corrupted in your case.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Did you try one at a time?

Turn LEDs OFF/ON in the software to see if it can reset to work properly.

Comment

Yes I have the latest bios, and I haven't tried one at a time . The rgb software won't even open up, it does nothing and then says no gskills ram detected.

Comment

There is a special 'RGB' signature in SPD to distinguish RGB-capable from non-RGB G.SKILL DRAM modules. I suspect it is corrupted and it needs to be restored.

Comment

Don't i run the risk of damaging my ram with that program? I would love to be able to fix it but i feel like that is beyond my level. Its really disappointing that i've had these issues.

Comment

You will corrupt SPD rather with g.skill RGB software than Thaiphoon Burner. Anyway, a free version lets you only read SPD, so it will not corrupt it.

Comment

Working...
              X