Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with G.Skill Ares F3-2400C11D-16GAB and Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Hello All,
    I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard with an intel core i7 3770k with an OC of 4.3 GHz. I have the latest UEFI BIOS installed as well. My RAM that I have is G.Skill Ares F3-2400C11D-16GA.
    I was running the ram in 2133mhz speed(this is the highest his motherboard and CPU can handle) with XMP enabled and timings of 10-12-12-31.

Recently I sold my video card and used the integrated graphics on the board. This caused my ram to boot up at 1333MHz(according to CPU-Z and Speccy) even though the BIOS said it was on 2133MHz.
    Then I bought a new gpu and installed that. Ever since then I have been trying to get the RAM to run in the speed that it was before and that was 2133MHz via XMP profile.

I have troubleshooted the issue and have entered the timings manually while disabling XMP, and I have also reset the bios, and cleared the CMOS by pulling the battery. No matter what changes I make (1600,1866,2133, XMP on OR off) the ram continues to boot up at 1333
    I have run out of ideas on what the issue could be since it was working just before selling my old GPU.
    Any help would be appreciated to get this working once more.

Thank you.

Where are you checking the frequency?

If you are looking at "Max Bandwidth" under CPUz SPD tab, that value does not change. It is not the operating value, it is showing the maximum frequency the RAM can boot up with AUTO default settings. Look in the memory tab of CPUz to see the current operating DRAM Frequency.

Comment

Working...
    X