Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is from the GSkill instructions for X99 boards:

5. Scroll all the way down to the bottom inside the “DRAM Timing Control” menu, and you will see a “DRAM SPD Write” option.
    6. Press “Enter” or “Page Up/Down” to select “Enable”.

Comment

• Guys i have given up. Have sent my RGB 3600MHz RAM back and ordered non RGB Dual RANK RAM. For gaming it is faster than single rank and it is cheaper.
      https://www.golem.de/news/ram-overcl...04-127262.html
      http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ryzen-...eam-1225280/3/
      I couldnt take it anymore, paid so much for 16GB and the software is not working, now i have for 20€ more 32GB Dual Rank RAM@ 2933MHz (2666MHz Dual Rank=3200 Single Rank in games) Check out the tests above. Wish everyone good luck, i hope the software will fixed soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreativWan View Post
        This is from the GSkill instructions for X99 boards:

5. Scroll all the way down to the bottom inside the “DRAM Timing Control” menu, and you will see a “DRAM SPD Write” option.
        6. Press “Enter” or “Page Up/Down” to select “Enable”.

If you are referring to this stickied thread http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14291 it appears this is only for the Asus X99 models. I have MSI, and this option is not in the Bios

I appreciate the help though!
        Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 04-22-2017, 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post

To summ' it up for those who rode it all and those who didn't :

Step one : Identify the slot in which you ram module is still accessible via the G.SKILL software and working.
          (Step pre-two : Shut you computer and power down you damn fools o_O.)
          Step two : Remove all of the ram and mount the non working ones (one at the time) in that same slot.
          Step three : Restart after at least 2 or 3 minutes, reconfigure your bios to default and get to desktop.
          Step four : Open G.SKILL software (If it doesn't work go to services and try to set the AsLedService permanently on) and set the ram to default and try to go ON/OFF with it a few times until the light comes up.
          Rinse and repeat.
          Step five : Share the results in here for everyone.

How did you set the AsLedService as permanently on? I would like to try this method, but the service always turns off. The most I can find is a way to have the service automatically turn itself on after it crashes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
            [B]
            (Step pre-two : Shut you computer and power down you damn fools o_O.)
            I love it!!!

Follow all instructions people!
            Intel i7 6700K
            Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
            32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
            Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
            (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
              If you are referring to this stickied thread http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14291 it appears this is only for the Asus X99 models. I have MSI, and this option is not in the Bios

I appreciate the help though!
              MSI and Gigabyte X99 doesn't require that setting change in BIOS. As long as you have an updated the BIOS to the latest version (in most cases, BIOS versions released in or after Feb 2017 should work). Only ASUS X99 motherboards have this setting disabled by default and has the option to be enabled through BIOS.

Just make sure that you have the memory installed in the correct slots, and it should be detected. If there's still issues, send our tech support an email (techsupport@gskill.com) describing your issue and information about your system (motherboard, cpu, memory model numbers, and BIOS version).

Comment

• Hi guys,

I have the following setup:

MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
                2 x Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz 8Gb DDR4 (16 total, 2 pieces).

The software works 1 out of 3 times... but I guess it's normal since it's said to be incompatible with other lighting softwares and I use some of them (CAM, MSI Mystic Light (Gaming App), Corsair CUE) and I almost never get it to work with the RAM modules.

Lately what happens is that works when I shut down all these softwares before changing the config of the G.Skill RAM, however, after a reset of the computer they both start without color (nor the latest config saved).

At the moment if I want them to light I have to manually close all other software (CUE, CAM, MSI ML) then fire up the two RAM's LED's and after closing G.Skill app, open the other 3 again, but still will only last until I shut down the computer.

Still lot of work to do in the app... I think mines won't shine until there's compatibility with other softwares since it's a bit painful to do the whole process each day.

Comment

• how do you control the light ???

Comment

• MOBO: Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming

This is so frustrating. I did a clean uninstall of the RGB software and reinstalled the latest version (1.00.16). I finally had the software to run on my PC again but it still only recognizes one of my two ram sticks.

I uninstalled RGB Fusion which I think helped with running the program again but I can only control one stick. I just want to get both sticks back to the default setting or just have the LEDs turned off. I tried unplugging the power, switching around the sticks to different slots but still only the one stick works.

How do fix this? It's been months already and I still can't get it back to normal or at least back to default.

Comment

• Originally posted by zero113two View Post
                      MOBO: Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming

This is so frustrating. I did a clean uninstall of the RGB software and reinstalled the latest version (1.00.16). I finally had the software to run on my PC again but it still only recognizes one of my two ram sticks.

I uninstalled RGB Fusion which I think helped with running the program again but I can only control one stick. I just want to get both sticks back to the default setting or just have the LEDs turned off. I tried unplugging the power, switching around the sticks to different slots but still only the one stick works.

How do fix this? It's been months already and I still can't get it back to normal or at least back to default.
                      I find this very odd as I have the exact same board with no issues except freezing after 100 hours. Are you running the F4 BIOS?
                      Intel i7 6700K
                      Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                      32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                      Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                      (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• I got all 4 module light up again.

I just had to send them back and get new ones.
                        I will not install this software again as long as it is in beta stadium.

Its pretty sad that you buy a premium product and have issues like that.

Support just stopped answearing my questions.
                        - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
                        - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
                        - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
                        - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
                        - Sound Blaster Z
                        - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
                        - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

• So for every restarts and shutdowns, I notice there is always 1-3 ram sticks who will not light up or will not follow the effect that I chose and cannot be configured. I can always fix it by just restarting the AsLedService multiple times until it works(usually 1-2 times only of restarting it). I got v1.00.16 BETA of the software by the way.
                          Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M7 (with v1.3 of bios, which is currently the latest)
                          Ram: G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 mhz 32GB(4x8GB) 15CL

So what can I do to help you guys fix this?

Comment

• Please note that the original "clean uninstall" process is only for v1.00.08 beta only, since it had a bug where the service was not removed correctly during a normal uninstall process. (@zero113two please try the ten step restoration process for v1.00.16 and see if it helps you get the lighting back. http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14257)

In regards to some modules being uncontrollable on boot, and that restarting the AsLedService would sometimes revive, we've done further testing and believe that it is due to conflicting software that also accesses the SMBUS for one reason or another. Usually, it's another software that also controls lighting, and lighting control software typically are set to start when the system boots. So when two or more software start at the same time, the commands get stuck and cause some of the modules to stop responding to the software.

We're in the process of reaching out to see how to best avoid, prevent, or resolve this with other vendors, but will require some time, as it will also likely require the update of the other software.

For now, please do check whether or not there are other software that are set to start running on system startup. And see if disabling it for startup or uninstalling helps. It would also help if you can let us know if there's a particular software that causes the conflict, as that would let our team know if there's additional programs that we need to be concerned about aside from the major vendors, like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, NZXT CAM, etc. Aside from lighting software, some system detect software (like CPU-Z or AIDA64) may also interfere with the lighting control if it is set to start at boot.

Thanks for all the feedback and system info provided, as well as your patience. It does help the process to go a bit faster, since it'll give us a general direction through all the massive amounts of feedback and noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeviceEnforcer View Post
                              How did you set the AsLedService as permanently on? I would like to try this method, but the service always turns off. The most I can find is a way to have the service automatically turn itself on after it crashes.
                              You go to services.msc (win+r and type in : services.msc) you search for it (it being AsLedService) and right click, you go in properties, starting mode : automatic or manual you go for manual and run the service if it was down and now, it should always be up, even when crashing (or at least it did for me). Don't forget to reset it to automatic if it works, so it runs itself without issues.

Update : My RMA was accepted for my 32GB kit but... well, having 2 ram sticks that are lit up but uncontrollable is better than having to wait for replacement while not having a PC at all.
                              Last edited by Dorneaz; 04-26-2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                                MSI and Gigabyte X99 doesn't require that setting change in BIOS. As long as you have an updated the BIOS to the latest version (in most cases, BIOS versions released in or after Feb 2017 should work). Only ASUS X99 motherboards have this setting disabled by default and has the option to be enabled through BIOS.

Just make sure that you have the memory installed in the correct slots, and it should be detected. If there's still issues, send our tech support an email (techsupport@gskill.com) describing your issue and information about your system (motherboard, cpu, memory model numbers, and BIOS version).
                                Okay G.Skill admin! I have posted all of that here as well as sent an e-mail to the given address! Look forward to actually being able to use this lol

Comment

Working...
                                X