Z77 Extreme6 3770k F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme6 3770k F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Timings

I have 2 kits, both are F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL I've Need to know the what all the manual timings are, because I'm trying to trouble shoot random BSOD 0x0124. I've tried running the ram one dim at a time, even two dims at a time, and I don't seem to get a the BSOD, but when ever all 4 are put in, I get a BSOD 0x124. The BSOD happens about once a week. I've tried bumbing up the ram from 1.5 to 1.55 and even 1.6v with no difference. All my ram settings/configurations in BIOS are set to auto. So If someone can give me ALL the correct configurations to manually put in my BIOS, that would be great.

Also, This happens with or without my XMP 1.1 (I only have one XMP profile, normal?)

My specs are listed in my signature

Thanks
    Last edited by rob909e; 12-15-2015, 12:13 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 BIOS Version 2.80
    Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz Not OCed
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) F3-12800CL9D
    His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
    Samsung 850 Series SATA3 SSD 500GB
    Western Digital 1TB HD
    Asetek 510lc 120mm Closed Loop WaterCooler
    Presonus Firestudio 2626
    Logitech G700s
    Ducky Shine Keyboard
    Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

You can check the full timings via Aida64 ( > Motherboard > SPD ) or other tools like Thaiphoon Burner yourself. If one of your two kits is single sided while the other is dual sided, there might be differences in the secondary timings. Then use the higher value for those timings, for example if one kit is specified with a tRFC of 147 and for the other it is 171, then manually adjust it to 171.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Don't use XMP.

It may be a matching problem with the two kits, I suggest getting them exchanged with a single 16GB kit.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        You can check the full timings via Aida64 ( > Motherboard > SPD ) or other tools like Thaiphoon Burner yourself. If one of your two kits is single sided while the other is dual sided, there might be differences in the secondary timings. Then use the higher value for those timings, for example if one kit is specified with a tRFC of 147 and for the other it is 171, then manually adjust it to 171.
        Wait! So what should they be? here is screenshots of each of the 4 Dims

Could you tell me exactly what to put into my bios RAM settings
        Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
        His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
        Western Digital 1TB HD
        Presonus Firestudio 2626
        Logitech G700s
        Ducky Shine Keyboard
        Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

So it is exactly what i expected in my last post. One of your two kits, probably the newer one, seems to be single sided and therefore needs more relaxed secondary timings than the other one. All the timings you need to manually set are shown in the Aida64 screenshots. Manually set memory ratio to DDR3-1600 and the following timings:

CL 9
          tRCD 9
          tRP 9
          tRAS 24

CR 2T

tRFC 208
          tRRD 5
          tWR 12
          tWTR 6
          tRTP 6
          tFAW 24
          tWL 7

Then see if you can POST with that and if it is stable. Keep in mind that when mixing kits there is no guarantee it does somehow work out, even with more manual adjustments of timings and voltages. So if you want a clean and fast solution, maybe just go with GSKILL TECH's suggestion.

Comment

Ok I changed

Cl - 11
            RCD - 11
            RP - 11
            RAS - 28

RC - 39
            RFC - 208
            RRD - 5
            WR - 12
            WTR - 6
            RTP - 6
            FAW - 24

All other RAM settings are set to auto because I didn't know what to set them at. After saving the changes in BIOS, I rebooted and ran AIDA64 again. In Motherboard/chipset under memory timings all the changes I made in BIOS are reflected in the report. However, There are some differences. The settings in the red boxes. In BIOS I left them set to auto, but it looks like different settings are applied differently to the 4 sticks of RAM, Should I leave it or what?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
            His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
            Western Digital 1TB HD
            Presonus Firestudio 2626
            Logitech G700s
            Ducky Shine Keyboard
            Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

Your motherboard does train those timings during POST by itself, so just leave them on AUTO.

Comment

Your motherboard does train those timings during POST by itself, so just leave them on AUTO.
                Should I go back and change my settings 11 11 11 24 to 9 9 9 24 ? Also what is tWL 7? Can't find that one>?
                Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
                His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
                Western Digital 1TB HD
                Presonus Firestudio 2626
                Logitech G700s
                Ducky Shine Keyboard
                Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

If 11-11-11-28 is not stable, there is no point in trying 9-9-9-24. The CL11 timings are the basic profile, while CL9 is G.SKILLs spec (from the XMP).

tWL or tWCL, basically write latency.
                  Last edited by emissary42; 12-08-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

If 11-11-11-28 is not stable, there is no point in trying 9-9-9-24. The CL11 timings are the basic profile, while CL9 is G.SKILLs spec (from the XMP).

tWL or tWCL, basically write latency.

Also, I've already RMA'ed one of the kits before. I gave the exact model of both of my kits, even though they both had the same model, different SN obviously, but I had even given Their tech support the SN, too. You would think with all the info I had given them they would've made sure to send me RAM that was single/double sided to match whats in my PC, right? When I purchased the second kit, I ordered the the exact same kit with the exact model # from the kit already in my PC, but for some reason one kit is single sided and the other is double sided? How does a person know which kit to buy if the they all share the same model #? If the single/double sided difference between RAM sets is, in fact, the issue causing all the BSOD, then I feel this should've been caught the last time I RMA'd the RAM. But who knows I might get a BSOD later today with the new secondary timings set in BIOS. Lets keep our fingers crossed,

Oh by the way should tWCL be set to 7 or 7T

And thanks a lot for your help, I really do appreciate it!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by rob909e; 12-09-2015, 06:37 AM.
                    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
                    His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
                    Western Digital 1TB HD
                    Presonus Firestudio 2626
                    Logitech G700s
                    Ducky Shine Keyboard
                    Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

Originally posted by rob909e View Post
                      You would think with all the info I had given them they would've made sure to send me RAM that was single/double sided to match whats in my PC, right?
                      When I purchased the second kit, I ordered the the exact same kit with the exact model # from the kit already in my PC, but for some reason one kit is single sided and the other is double sided? How does a person know which kit to buy if the they all share the same model #?
                      The ICs to build double sided 4GB modules are no longer available, so most if not all models had to be transitioned to higher density ICs. There is nothing G.SKILL can do about it, otherwise they would have to discontinue all kits that had their original ICs go out of production and that would make everything even more complicated and confusing (and not help you at all).

That is why the official recommendation is to not mix kits, even of the same model number. Even if you know what type IC a certain kit is built from, those ICs might not be available anymore when you buy the second kit. So even an RMA does not help you then. You could of course sell the older kit and get a second "new" kit, but in most cases it is easier to just get a single 16GB kit instead of gambling on mixing kits.

Oh by the way should tWCL be set to 7 or 7T
                      7 = 7T

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                        Don't use XMP.

It may be a matching problem with the two kits, I suggest getting them exchanged with a single 16GB kit.
                        Exchange the the 2 x F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL kits for a kit that has 4 x 4GB but all are designed to work together? How would I go about an exchange? That sounds perfect. Do I RMA my RAM and once you all receive and check it, you send me the replacement kit? Sign me up. How long would the turn around be? I'm on winter break from school so now would be the time.
                        Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
                        His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
                        Western Digital 1TB HD
                        Presonus Firestudio 2626
                        Logitech G700s
                        Ducky Shine Keyboard
                        Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

Just an update:
                          Going on 3 days without a BSOD! Keep your fingers crossed, because it happens faithfully, at the very least, once a week. But, hopefully me manually putting in the main and secondary timings will solve it! I keep this thread updated....
                          Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
                          His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
                          Western Digital 1TB HD
                          Presonus Firestudio 2626
                          Logitech G700s
                          Ducky Shine Keyboard
                          Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

Bad news. Just blue screened while I went to the bathroom. Was playing a Hurtworld on steam, but I quit the game and went to bathroom, when I came back it was sitting at the blue screen frown face WHEA hardware error. Can anyone help me? I have a thread going at the windows 10 forum. here is the link http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashe...x00000124.html

I also have AIDA64 if anyone wants me to run tests and load the results.

Also I read in my Mobo manual that ALL 4 RAM Dimms needs to match, type, speed, and Chip type. Even though my all my RAM matches model number and everything, except that 1 kit single sided and the other is double sided, could that cause my BSOD 124? I've manually set all the primary and secondary timings so that they match, but I still get the error. Here is a screen shot of my Manual and also a report of my computer. Maybe someone can help me out.

http://s18.postimg.org/ujzg5i7vt/identicalram.png

Also, I just went to the my motherboards memory compatibility page www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme6/?cat=Memory and the Single Sided kit is NOT compatible with my board.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rob909e; 12-15-2015, 09:23 AM.
                            Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
                            His IceQ X2 AMD 7950 3GB
                            Western Digital 1TB HD
                            Presonus Firestudio 2626
                            Logitech G700s
                            Ducky Shine Keyboard
                            Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2

Comment

Probably best if you exchange for a single 16GB kit

Comment

Working...
                              X