Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-1600C11D-16GIS + Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP + Intel i3-4330. Are they XMP compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C11D-16GIS + Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP + Intel i3-4330. Are they XMP compatible?

Good day to all in this forum

This is my first message here and I am glad to participate to this very informative and useful forum.

I have recently purchased a DDR3 Aegis kit of 16GB (as detailed in the thread title), which will be used for building a new PC from scratch. This kit will be put in a Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP mobo, together with an Intel i3-4330, socket 1150 CPU, as noted in the thread title.

My question is if this type of DIMMs are XMP compatible. For the motherboard and the CPU I am sure that they both are, I have already verified it from multiple sources.

Before being able to post here, I placed a similar question to the well known Tom's Hardware forum, where I received an answer from a forum member, posting as "gskill support" and identified as "Official G.Skill Representative". In his posting, that gentleman said:

No (it is not), it is not necessary because it is CL11. The RAM is plug and play so it does not require XMP to enable settings. The motherboard will automatically detect and use them properly after they are installed. Only kits better than DDR3-1600 CL11 will need XMP Profile, such as DDR3-1600 CL9, DDR3-1866 CL10, so forth..

I assume that this is an official answer, but I would like to verify it here, in this forum. Reason is that, at the same time, I also received different replies from other members of that forum, but no one of them is identified as "Official G.SKILL Representative".

Thanks in advance.
    -
    Last edited by Pan_Melas; 04-16-2014, 02:36 AM. Reason: syntax

Well, i am not a G.SKILL employee oder representative, but i can tell you the following. Most Modules using 11-11-11-28 timings at DDR2-1600 don't have a XMP (Intel Extreme Memory Profile) because that is not needed for these settings. It does have a JEDEC profile for this speed and so it really is Plug and Play with e.g. any Z87 mainboard. Just leave all the memory settings in the UEFI @ AUTO and you will get the full speed out of that kit.

You could also check the product page: http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c11d-16gis

If this kit was using XMP it would be listed as a feature (for comparison see http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl7d-8gbxm).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

That information is correct. gskill support is our account on Tom's

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X