F3-2133C9-8GXH, Biostar TZ68A+ with intel 2500K FAW Timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9-8GXH, Biostar TZ68A+ with intel 2500K FAW Timings

I'm trying to figure out what the FAW timings would be for my memory at 1867. My MB will not do 2133...RFC only goes up to 255 and there are no new bios updates. Is there somewhere I can look up the timing info for all speeds for this memory also?

Anyone? Tradesman?

Comment

tFAW should not be somewhere between 28 and 40 (try 28, 32, 36, 40). I high tRFC might be needed for stability at DDR3-2133, but i would at least try setting 240 or 250 before throwing the towel.

You can see all of your kits timings in Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks emissary42, I have tFAW on 30 and tRFC on 255 (the highest my MB will go). My MB will not do 2133 without a bios update and that is not likely. I can read all in the spd except for tFAW...what is up with that? I have had instability in the past and would like to make sure the timings are right. Is there anywhere I can get the exact info for my memory? How important is it that tFAW is spot on?

Comment

Originally posted by Radman3d View Post
          My MB will not do 2133 without a bios update and that is not likely. I can read all in the spd except for tFAW...what is up with that?
          Didn't the aforementioned page in Aida64 list that? It really should and does so with all my halfway current mainboards. If not, i'd like to see a screenshot of that

Originally posted by Radman3d View Post
          How important is it that tFAW is spot on?
          It is not an exceptionally critical timing if thats what your asking. I had some Samsung based TridentX kits that had 40 in their XMP but would still do fine with anything up to 20 with all other timings tweaked as well.

Have you tried adjusting VCCIO and VCCSA? Maybe your TZ68A+ does not increase them by itself at higher memory speeds, even if they are left on auto.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Had to install the beta version of Aida64 cause I had the trial version installed for over 30 days. As you said tFAW is listed. There are no timings listed at all for 1867, but for 2133 FAW is 25 so I guess I will use that. I'm trying to run everything at default for now, I had my i5 2500k o/c to 4.2 GHz but I really do not need the speed right now. At times, maybe once a month or so it would crash...that could be almost anything...it passed Intel Burn Test 20 times and then Prime64 for over 24 hrs so who knows. I have settings @ 933 MHz 8-10-10-29 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 39-255-2-5-14-8-8-30-7 (RC-RFC-CR-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP-FAW-WCL)
            Last edited by Radman3d; 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X