• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10Q-32GAB on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

Does that combo work?

Thanks.

Should be fine, would make sure you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cheers.

Any other/better recommendations in the same price class? This kit seems to be sitting smack in the middle of the pricey and the cheap kits.

Edit: I will be using an i7-3770K

Comment

Well, you probably won't believe this, but I'm partial to the GSkill brand Seriously, with the 3570-3770Ks you'ld be able to run any of the 32GB sets, right up through 2400 Trident X set. I'm running the Ripjaws X 2133/9 F3-2133C9Q-32GXH, and am hoping to get them to 2400

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeeeaaah of course

I meant something specific, like

RipjawsZ F3-14900CL10Q-32GBZL

Seems to be the same price. what is the difference between the Ares? I can't really find any, and the Ares matches my board's color scheme better

Comment

Different chips (ICs), the Z series is aimed/designed primarily towards socket 2011 and true quad channel, the Ares is more of of general purpose stick not aimed specifically at a particular platform, like the Snipers, the Ripjaws X is designed for 1155 and 2nd Gen CPUs (i.e. SB), Tridents again at 1155 but towards 3rd gen CPU (i.e. IB)

So as far as model lines for your combo, by stick line, in order I'd look at Trident, Ripjaws X, then sort of as a group, Ares, Ripjaws Z, and Snipers.....then look to freq 2400 on down and combination of freq and CL the higher the freq the better the performance but a combo of say 2400/11 vs 2133/9 is basically equal or 1866/9 vs 2133/11, I'd go 1866/9 because you can normally run the 1866/9 at 2133 and only a CL10 vs the native 2133/11 in the example ----- that's sort of how I looked at all when I chose the 2133/9 Ripjaws X.........Hope this helps more

Tman

Comment

Yep, thanks

Comment

It can sound complicated, but it comes down to pluses and minuses then it helps to know what the lines are designed for, as that can add a bit of a performance factor. Let us know what you decide and if any other questions give a shout

Tman

Comment

Went with the Ares. I looked at trident/ripjaws, but they are either over budget, not available here, or not available as 32gb kit, so it wasn't that really that hard.
                  (And really, the blue goes so well with the board! )
                  I somewhat doubt it makes a huge difference other than in synthetic benchmarks anyway.

I'll try to remember to post when I've put the sticks to the test

Comment

We'll be looking for it

Tman

Comment

Okay finally assembled my new computer.
                      The ram works just fine on this board, out of the box. (using XMP profile #2).
                      Prime95 stable, memtest stable.

And this looks all kinds of sexy. Almost regret not buying a case with a window in it ;-)

Comment

Got a Dremel or a jigsaw? Can always sut a gole, and get a piece of plexiglass....

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X