Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
    You go to services.msc (win+r and type in : services.msc) you search for it (it being AsLedService) and right click, you go in properties, starting mode : automatic or manual you go for manual and run the service if it was down and now, it should always be up, even when crashing (or at least it did for me). Don't forget to reset it to automatic if it works, so it runs itself without issues.
    Thanks for the help, but unfortunately this method doesn't work for me. The service still turns itself off every time the software crashes.

Comment

• I've returned mine. No chance to get them running. Good luck guys.

Comment

• I just installed the v1.00.16 software. I had no prior installs on the computer as I have an x99 Mobo. I have four sticks and initially I could control all but the 2nd one to the left. I played with it a bit then gave up. A day later suddenly that one was working fine but then the one all the way to the right was just doing its own thing. I uninstalled the software, reinstalled it. Now I could no longer control the three to the left but only the one on the right. Okay..

So I ran through the troubleshooting steps of putting it on default, shutting down, unplugging for at least 3 minutes and then toggling it on and off. I have now gotten it to where I can control the right two sticks but not the left two sticks. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I guess I should just be happy they are lighting up but it is kind of disappointing that now I cannot change them to a different mode or anything because only two will change and the others are stuck on a mode I put on when I COULD control them. Thoughts?

Comment

• Yeah

Software issues... i am fighting this for a long time and i still hope but if in the next macimum 2 revisions if is not out of beta, i will give up... and for sure i will give up asus rog if they will not workout aura for x99 in the next month !

Comment

• I have tried all the steps mentioned in the forum including leaving my computer unplugged the night and also switching the RAM slots. I usually have 2 RAM modules installed but have removed one to see if this would force this one to reset. In the picture shows how the module has been for the last 2 days. It was working the first day i got it and since then been like this. I have now uninstalled all software including the "app center" which included rgb fusion. The only version of Trident Z RGB has been v 1.00.16 and i have installed this 3-4 times after multiple restarts and switching of slots with no different result. If you require any further information to help me resolve this please let me know or do i need to return it and get a new set?
            PC Build:
            Gigabyte Z270X - Gaming 5
            I5 7600k 3.8ghz
            Tridentz RGB Ram 16GB F4-2400C15D-16GTZR
            Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB
            Corsair 460X Crystal Series
            http://imgur.com/KB9tfyu <-- Is how it is staying.
            Last edited by nfsu127; 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nfsu127 View Post
              I have tried all the steps mentioned in the forum including leaving my computer unplugged the night and also switching the RAM slots. I usually have 2 RAM modules installed but have removed one to see if this would force this one to reset. In the picture shows how the module has been for the last 2 days. It was working the first day i got it and since then been like this. I have now uninstalled all software including the "app center" which included rgb fusion. The only version of Trident Z RGB has been v 1.00.16 and i have installed this 3-4 times after multiple restarts and switching of slots with no different result. If you require any further information to help me resolve this please let me know or do i need to return it and get a new set?
              PC Build:
              I5 7600k 3.8ghz
              After uninstalling the software did you delete the ASUS folder from c:\Program Files (x86) ???
              Intel i7 6700K
              Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
              32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
              Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
              (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
                After uninstalling the software did you delete the ASUS folder from c:\Program Files (x86) ???
                Also tried that. Got rid of any Asus folder in both the Program Files folder/programdata/appdata. Still no luck Really hoping it fixes itself at some point returning it means no computer while it gets looked at then replaced...

Comment

• Hey all, figured I'd come here if LED problems persisted. And they have. Anyways:

Got a 2x8GB kit of 3200mhz Trident Z RGB. Worked fine for a bit, until one got stuck in a config I never set it it. In the process of clean un/reinstalling the .08 software my second stick went dark. Granted, I did have RGB Fusion and CAM on at the time; had no idea they conflicted as I hadn't been here yet. Uninstall CAM, APP center, and RGB fusion, clean un and reinstall .08 software a few times. No luck. Somewhere around here I was having problems with the PC so I uninstalled the .08 software and everything related to it and reset the OS (wiping everything on my SSD, not refreshing). Installed .16 sometime after that (when it was released), but they were still stuck/dark. Darn. Birthday came around and I got 2 more of the exact same sticks, which listen to the software (and still do). Tried to get them all working, following the 10 steps for .16. Had to go through steps 6-10, but upon trying to start the program (after the first attempt which will always not work) it would not open. Uninstalled the software, cold rebooted, reinstalled software, cold rebooted, attempted to go through steps 1-10 again but got stuck at the same spot: after restarting AdLedService, the program would refuse to start regardless of how many times I tried. Freezes my 2 good sticks in the process, but upon a reboot I can open the software again and the 2 good sticks go back to rainbow (yay). No RGB software was present after OS reset save for CUE which I turned off while cycling the .16 software.

Tl, Dr; Had 2 sticks, both went dark/stuck. Tried un/reinstalling .08 software (before .16 came out), no luck. Had PC problems and reset the OS, making sure to wipe everything in the process (uninstalled .08 before this). Installed .16, tried for a little bit to fix bad sticks. No luck. Get 2 more of the same sticks for my birthday (now at 32GB 4x8). Decided today to try and get all working. Went to do 10 steps to reset, program would not start after restarting AsLedService (And yes I am accounting for the 1st time which always errors). Uninstalled software, cold reboot, reinstalled, cold reboot, went to do 10 steps again, stuck at same spot. Now I am here. No RGB software was present on the machine while cycling the software.

Specs:
                  i7-7700k @ 5Ghz
                  Aorus Z270x Gaming K7, F4 BIOS, RGB Fusion and APP center not installed.
                  32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16
                  R9 280X (Any time now Vega...)

Again, all RGB controller software save for G.Skill's was not installed or disabled in the case of CUE while attempting to un-bork the sticks.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by nfsu127 View Post
                    I have tried all the steps mentioned in the forum including leaving my computer unplugged the night and also switching the RAM slots. I usually have 2 RAM modules installed but have removed one to see if this would force this one to reset. In the picture shows how the module has been for the last 2 days. It was working the first day i got it and since then been like this. I have now uninstalled all software including the "app center" which included rgb fusion. The only version of Trident Z RGB has been v 1.00.16 and i have installed this 3-4 times after multiple restarts and switching of slots with no different result. If you require any further information to help me resolve this please let me know or do i need to return it and get a new set?
                    PC Build:
                    I5 7600k 3.8ghz
                    Just fixed my issue, after removing the CMOS battery and resetting the bios then removing the ram that was lit up (i was using 2 sticks now down to 1) starting the computer, logging in then opening task manager and going into services. Looking for "AsLedService" make sure it says running then opening the latest Gskill Software - Most of the attempts it said would not open and sent a error with a webpage open. Did this about 10-15 times after restarting the service each time eventually the software opened which meant it was talking to the module. Once you get there change the switch to off and on twice and click on default. After that the ram went back to rainbow which i then turned the pc off and added in my other piece and now the software is working perfectly.

Before attempting any steps make sure any RGB software is uninstalled (For me it was RGB fusion, i also had the razer software unopened incase it was causing issues too)

Step by step:
                    1. Shut down PC
                    2. Remove CMOS battery
                    3. Remove power by either switch on PSU or removing cable
                    4. Remove working RAM modules (Go down to 1 non working module)
                    5. Plug in/Flip the switch and turn the computer on
                    6. Log into the computer (install software if not installed then restart)
                    7. Open the services via task manager (windows 10)
                    8. Continuously restart the "AsLedService" by right clicking and going restart
                    9. Continuously open the Gskill software until it opens
                    10. Hit the on and off switch
                    11. Click default
                    12. Should be up and working!
                    13. Repeat steps with other modules

Goodluck to others having the same issue

Comment

• If I have clear CMOS pins, will those work instead of removing CMOS battery? Also, do I restart AsLedService after ever few times opening the program fails or what's the deal with "constantly restart AsLedService" and "constantly open Gskill software?"

Edit: Used clear CMOS pins, other than that followed above steps exactly. Software simply would not launch, no idea why. Reinstalled software, now it's not detecting the borked module and wont even try to open. Is it RMA time (G.Skill seems more than happy to take RMA's on borked sticks. Good on 'em) or is there anything else I can do to get my borked sticks back? I have 4x8GB, so RMAing my dark and stuck one wont put the machine out of commission.
                      Last edited by Xaeronz; 05-02-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Hey Guys,
                        i have 3 rgb products, mobo, cpu cooler and gpu.

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming K7
                        GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR WHITE 8GB
                        AiO Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52 & NZXT HUE+ lightning and fans.

Will the tridentz work if i install their software and configure them, then uninstall the software and install the rest, the mobo, cpu and gpu softwares or it will cause the same issues as 1 stick never turning on anymore...

I really want to get this ram sticks, but not if they dont work, whats the point of spending premium price if rgb doesn't work...

Comment

• Originally posted by Antartiida View Post
                          Hey Guys,
                          Will the tridentz work if i install their software and configure them, then uninstall the software and install the rest, the mobo, cpu and gpu softwares or it will cause the same issues as 1 stick never turning on anymore...

I really want to get this ram sticks, but not if they dont work, whats the point of spending premium price if rgb doesn't work...
                          I think that so long as the G. Skill software never launches right as any other RGB software does it will be fine, but it is known that the software conflicts with other RGB software and that's what can cause dark/stuck sticks

Comment

• @ G.Skill Admin

I sent an e-mail to the address you supplied (techsupport@gskill.com) about how the software won't open and their first reaction was to offer me RMA. How is this a solution. THe sticks work fine. I am typing this from my computer right now running XMP and tightened timings, command rate 1. all the light are on too, in-fact

Literally just was sending my specs that way you guys could have more to go off of to fix your software.
                            Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 05-05-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Hey Quantum,
                              Do you have more than 1 RGB software controller?
                              How did you manage to install HUE+ software and MSI softare without tridentz to go dead??

Comment

• Antartiida

I do have NZXT CAM, and MSI gaming app (not mystic light, as I don't have an RGB motherboard). None of my sticks are dead simply because I have never gotten the software to even open. Every single time it just says "No Trident Z RGB modules found".

So yeah, stuck in rainbow mode i guess is better than nothing (except when i want to do an all read shot for my crimson build)

Comment

Working...
                                X