X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen PC 3200 Memory Speed Issues

My current build:
    - Ryzen 1700X CPU
    - Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero MB (BIOS 1002)
    - GSkill Flare-X 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    - NZXT Kraken x62 AIO

So I picked these beauties up from NewEgg (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820232530) and downloaded the latest BIOS from Asus.

I was able to successfully get the RAM to post at 2933 but could not get it up to 3200. I did not have to use DOCP settings to get it to post at 2933.

When I try to push the RAM to hit 3200 I get a 0d error code from the MB. I tried upping the DRAM voltage to 1.4 and it does not post. I attempted to up the SOC voltage to 1.2 (highest safe setting) and it cycles for two minutes and finally posts, but DRAM is set to 2400.

Both sticks are in A2+B2 slot configuration on the MB. I'm starting to run out of options. Should I RMA these sticks or wait untial another BIOS update comes out from ASUS which I hear is going to address memory stability at higher settings?
    Last edited by Decim8r; 05-10-2017, 06:48 AM.

Wait for the update, you should notice a significant improvement.

Comment

ASUS 1107 BIOS Update

Quick update...Downloaded the new BIOS from ASUS today and tried a bunch of memory volt settings with the SOC and line load.

Unfortunately, 2933 is still the fastest I can get. On the positive side, the ASUS BIOS has come to a point where I don't need to constantly press the reset button on the motherboard. Seems to recover fine on its own. Guess I have to wait for another BIOS update to see if I can reach 3200.
      Last edited by Decim8r; 05-10-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

What is SoC AUTO Voltage @ 2933? Make sure it is higher for 3200

What settings did you attempt for 3200?

Comment

2933 works pretty much out of the box without any issue.

To get to 3200 I've tried a number of combos up to and including:
          DRAM: 1.35V -> 1.4V
          CPU SOC Voltage: 1.1V -> 1.25V
          VDDSOC Load-Line Calibtaion: 1 -> 5 values
          ProcODT: ~60 ohms
          DOCP Standard settings

I've messed around the BCLK frequency like a 120 value and it does overclock, but never gets to 2933.

Comment

May be a CPU limitation if nothing responds to changes.

What do you mean BCLK 120 never gets to 2933?

You can try BCLK 120 , x26.66 for DDR4-3200

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              May be a CPU limitation if nothing responds to changes.

What do you mean BCLK 120 never gets to 2933?

You can try BCLK 120 , x26.66 for DDR4-3200
              Yeah... I don't remember the exact frequencies but the ram drops to ~2600 when I try to increase BCLK. A slight overclock, but it doesn't hit 3200.

You maybe right in the CPU limitation. My current 1700x is not that great of an overclocker. I can get 3825Mghz on all eight cores, with stable testing and not upping the voltage to really high levels. Although I'm going after silence more than speed, so it's not a big deal to me.

I do have a slightly older i7 kaby lake build on another PC. If I don't feel lazy one day I may try to stick in the Flarex RAM on that pc build just to see if I can get it to run at 3200. Otherwise I may just wait for the next AGESA update.
              Last edited by Decim8r; 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Youre not alone. I got this RAM hoping it would run at rated speeds. It seems it depends on each particular CPU sample. Maybe future AGESA updates will sort it out. Hoping that G.skill is talking with ASUS and AMD about this.

My rig:
                - Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
                - Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero MB (BIOS 1201)
                - GSkill Flare-X 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Comment

I have the same problem

I have the same problem thats how I found this thread.
                  I think I remember, however my memory is bad, when I first my my kit in it clocked right up to 3200 using the a xmp profile 2 on my msi titanium motherboard.
                  I later updated the bios and it wont hit 3200.
                  I do get the 2933
                  Last edited by jayir; 05-16-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

It could be that AGESA update 1.0.0.4 made things worse for Flare-X ram? I didnt try going back to older bioses on Asus C6H to see if it will boot at 3200. I'll just wait for AGESA 1.0.0.6 to be implemented. It should come with lots of RAM fixes. BIOS should be out in two weeks.

Comment

Memory issue - G.Skill Flare X

Hello,
                      So i've bought recently Ryzen 7 1700, with MSI KRAIT GAMING x370 and
                      2 x 8GB kit of G.Skill Flare-x 3200(https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gfx)

i updated Bios to newest version - 1.3.

and - i cannot set them by A-XMP to profile 2 (3200 14-14-14-34)
                      fortunately profile 1 works (2933 14-14-14-34) but still.. im a bit disappointed at the moment,
                      cause from i read on G.skill site the config for profile 2 (3200) is purely guaranteed.

I wrote already to G.skill Europe support but got answer, that is really saying nothing:

Dear Customer,
                      We apologize for the inconvenience.
                      If the memory kit is running at 2933MHz, this indicates the memory kit is in working condition.
                      Please understand the stability of running at 3200MHz and higher will depend on the capability of the CPU, so a highly selective CPU is required.
                      Please try again by switching modules and clearing CMOS prior to booting to see if 3200MHz can be reached.
                      so if anyone got them somehow to 3200 on the same hardware, please advise me with custom settings in BIOS to achieve that

kind regards
                      Wagadugu

Comment

Another update. I installed the newest CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 1201. This also has the AGESA 1.0.0.4a code, although I've been reading on the forums that it isn't much different from the 1002 BIOS I had before. (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...608.1487124857)

Tried a bunch of the same overclock settings, loadline, ProcODT, etc. Still only can boot to 2933.

If you check the reviews on NewEgg, there are a ton of folks who can only get 2933. So either the RAM can't work at advertised speeds or AMD+ASUS may have some issues with achieving advertised levels. (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-530-_-Product)

Anyway...Here's to another BIOS update.

Comment

I could have told you that.. updated to 1201 a week ago. Well, new beta bioses 9943 and 9945 can be found online and contain agesa 1.0.0.6. Im gonna wait till they become final and see if it works then. Apparently they added even higher ram freq. I'll be happy if my particular sample of Ryzen lets me use 3200, so I dont feel like and idiot for cashing out this much on this ram.

Comment

Just flashed the beta 9945 bios. Its been fixed for me. Just selected 3200 under memory freq and after a first power off frome the bios it booted into 3200. Previously it would just kick back to 2400. Then I tried 3600 and that booted up too althou memory timing were a bit nuts. Didnt have time to tweak and play around, but I have a feeling this AGESA 1.0.0.6 is some good sht!!!

Comment

Nice! I'll be waiting for the official BIOS to come out. If it works I'll post an update.

Originally posted by MiL View Post
                              Just flashed the beta 9945 bios. Its been fixed for me. Just selected 3200 under memory freq and after a first power off frome the bios it booted into 3200. Previously it would just kick back to 2400. Then I tried 3600 and that booted up too althou memory timing were a bit nuts. Didnt have time to tweak and play around, but I have a feeling this AGESA 1.0.0.6 is some good sht!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X