Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD: RAMPAGE-IV-GENE + GSKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Hi

I have several BSOD while running Windows 7 Ultimate. I managed to reinstall Win7 from scratch with 1 stick of RAM (4G) and that seemed to work. However, when I install all 16GB Ram, the system seems not stable and several BSODs happened randomly.

Here is my new machine, I used default BIOS settings. BIOS was updated to latest version 1305

MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Gene-X7 (BIOS Version 1305 2012.04.18 update)
    CPU : Hex Core i7-382
    GPU : 1G GTX550Ti ASUS (Latest driver)
    RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3-12800cl9d-8GBXL (16G total)
    PSU : CoolerMaster RS-650
    WIFI CARD: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

I tried to run Memtest86+ v4.2 and amazingly, here is the result:

I ran the test with only 2 sticks and it produced so many errors, but it seemed to be fine when I ran separately. I also ran memory test using Window Memory Diagnostic but it said no errors at all for 16GB.

Beside that, I had run the GPU stress test using FurMark, there was not any BSOD so I reckon GPU is unlikely the culprit.

Please help, is it the RAM or MOBO problem? Some guys told me that it's because of the KIT i'm using is dual channel where the MOBO supports quad channel ???

Disconnect the wireless card and do memtest only with vga

Comment

Hi

did you try with the XMP profile? clear the CMOS and load the XMP profile, if still with same issue, raising the DRAM voltage to 1.6v ~ 1.65v and try again. and we will suggest you return the two 8GB kits for another one 16GB kit, because using two different memory may cause compatibility issue.

and it's not the dual/quad channel problem.

Comment

Working...
      X