No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see.. actually i wont mind if they are stuck on rainbow until they release a stable software, im just scared of buying them and go dead...

So wanted to make sure like, if i buy them, install them on my pc and not even download the g.skill software, i should be 100% safe from dying rams right?

It would be awesome if Gskill could provide this information.

Comment

• In the, from what I see and have experienced with mine, very unlikely chance that they do go dead without running the software (or if you try the next beta and same happens) you will most probably have a 30 day return policy with whoever sells them to you as well as the ability to RMA them with G.Skill.

Hands down TridentZ are the best looking RAM; though, I am still patiently waiting for usable software and I have had these over a month.

Comment

• Hi Quantum,
        Yeah thats the issue, im in Mexico... so RMA would be crazy for me, i dont really care if i cant control them at the moment, actually i like the rainbow effect, but wanted to be as close to 100% secure that if i just plug them in and NEVER downloading their beta softwares only CAM for Hue+ and Xtreme tuner plus for my rgb GPU i would be safe.

Comment

• Ah I understand that. Well that's about all I can say about that. Best of luck to you, maybe customer service can be of some help.

Comment

• I don't really trust "them" and i quote them as its only 1 person lololol, i tried calling different times on different lines at same time always the same guy, and if two calls at the same time it will go busy? who would think only 1 guy to give support...

He just says it shouldn't cause any trouble if it does RMA... so yeah im pretty sure he doesn't care.

will wait on an answer from Gskill on this thread to see what he has to say or what would be the result OF NOT INSTALLING G skill software ever.

BTW... theres no way to tag them so they notice right?

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
              @ G.Skill Admin

I sent an e-mail to the address you supplied (techsupport@gskill.com) about how the software won't open and their first reaction was to offer me RMA. How is this a solution. THe sticks work fine. I am typing this from my computer right now running XMP and tightened timings, command rate 1. all the light are on too, in-fact (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Z4nH99).

Literally just was sending my specs that way you guys could have more to go off of to fix your software.
              I apologize for our tech support team. We'll send your feedback in, so they can change how we respond to issues such as yours.

The Trident Z RGB software communicates with the memory modules through the SMBUS. Unfortunately, if another software is also using the SMBUS for communication or for sending commands without the option to pause or hand over the SMBUS, there will be conflicts. We're still working on solutions, which also would require an update on the third party side.

If your memory kit can't be detected by the software, can you PM me your motherboard model, motherboard BIOS version, and the CPU? We'll try to see if there's an issue with your setup.

Originally posted by Antartiida View Post
              I don't really trust "them" and i quote them as its only 1 person lololol, i tried calling different times on different lines at same time always the same guy, and if two calls at the same time it will go busy? who would think only 1 guy to give support...

He just says it shouldn't cause any trouble if it does RMA... so yeah im pretty sure he doesn't care.

will wait on an answer from Gskill on this thread to see what he has to say or what would be the result OF NOT INSTALLING G skill software ever.

BTW... theres no way to tag them so they notice right?
              If the Trident Z RGB software is never used, it'll just run in default rainbow wave mode. Of course, if the memory gets support through other third party software, then you can just use that without our own Trident Z RGB software to control the lighting.

Comment

• @G.Skill Admin

I had a post on page 25 regarding problems trying to get a stuck and dark stick back, should I look to RMA them or are there other possible solutions aside from what I had tried to get them back?

Comment

• @ G.SKill Admin

I just sent you the private message and I will post here as well

I apologize for our tech support team. We'll send your feedback in, so they can change how we respond to issues such as yours.

The Trident Z RGB software communicates with the memory modules through the SMBUS. Unfortunately, if another software is also using the SMBUS for communication or for sending commands without the option to pause or hand over the SMBUS, there will be conflicts. We're still working on solutions, which also would require an update on the third party side.

If your memory kit can't be detected by the software, can you PM me your motherboard model, motherboard BIOS version, and the CPU? We'll try to see if there's an issue with your setup.
                  <b>Motherboard Model</B>
                  MSI X99A Gaming 7

<b>Motherboard BIOS</b>
                  H.F0 (Realeased 2016-07-16 [https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/suppo...tml#down-bios])

<b>CPU</b>
                  i7 5820k

<b>My CPU-Z file</b>
                  http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...SONSTRYKER.txt

<B>List of Apps & Programs</b>
                  http://imgur.com/a/nlUCm

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Thank you so much for your help.
                  Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 05-05-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Dear Gskill, do you believe that you can solve this problem? My hope is slowly diminishing. Should I return the Ram modules to you?

Comment

• I believe the problem is that ASUS AURA, AI Suite, and similar utilities packaged with MOBOs access the SMB Bus without using the proper interlocks to avoid bus access conflicts. ASUS AURA and AI Suite have been causing conflicts with Corsair Link, HWINFO, CPUZ, SIV, and other sensor monitoring utilities for years. These programs all use the proper interlock mutexes but ASUS does not as their program developers seem to assume that they are the only ones accessing the SMB Bus. Considering their target is HEDT Enthusiasts who are using these types of programs while overclocking, it is a pretty stupid thing for them to assume. The fix is easily made but to date, the solution has fallen on deaf ears. Now that LED RAM is all the rage, and G.Skill is using the SMB Buss for LED control data, non-inerlocked SMB Buss access is now causing random SPD data corruption and bricking brand new RAM modules.

G.Skill needs to get ASUS, MSI, and others to get with the program and modify their software to use the proper interlock mutexes like HWINFO, CPUZ,Corsair Link, and SIV do. With all these reports of LED color control data corrupting SPD data, hopefully they will finally fix their poorly coded software. Corsair finally fixed Link but only after years of the developer of SIV waving the problem (and the solution) in their faces. He has also offered to assist ASUS in correcting their programs so that they access the SMB Bus with the proper interlocks. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Until they step up and fix it, I personally will not run any ASUS software that accesses sensor information. I was thinking about buying a G.Skill Trident-Z LED kit but decided to wait and see if they would have problems due to SMB Bus contention. Glad I waited but I feel sorry for those that bought the marketing hype and took the plunge early.

So come on G.Skill. You guys are aware of the root problem by now, so why don't you contact the MOBO manufacturers and strongly suggest they clean up their poorly written software. After all, they are not the ones dealing with RMAs on brand new, expensive, bricked RAM sticks.
                      Last edited by BillB; 05-07-2017, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillB View Post
                        I believe the problem is that ASUS AURA, AI Suite, and similar utilities packaged with MOBOs access the SMB Bus without using the proper interlocks to avoid bus access conflicts. ASUS AURA and AI Suite have been causing conflicts with Corsair Link, HWINFO, CPUZ, SIV, and other sensor monitoring utilities for years. These programs all use the proper interlock mutexes but ASUS does not as their program developers seem to assume that they are the only ones accessing the SMB Bus. Considering their target is HEDT Enthusiasts who are using these types of programs while overclocking, it is a pretty stupid thing for them to assume. The fix is easily made but to date, the solution has fallen on deaf ears. Now that LED RAM is all the rage, and G.Skill is using the SMB Buss for LED control data, non-inerlocked SMB Buss access is now causing random SPD data corruption and bricking brand new RAM modules.

G.Skill needs to get ASUS, MSI, and others to get with the program and modify their software to use the proper interlock mutexes like HWINFO, CPUZ,Corsair Link, and SIV do. With all these reports of LED color control data corrupting SPD data, hopefully they will finally fix their poorly coded software. Corsair finally fixed Link but only after years of the developer of SIV waving the problem (and the solution) in their faces. He has also offered to assist ASUS in correcting their programs so that they access the SMB Bus with the proper interlocks. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Until they step up and fix it, I personally will not run any ASUS software that accesses sensor information. I was thinking about buying a G.Skill Trident-Z LED kit but decided to wait and see if they would have problems due to SMB Bus contention. Glad I waited but I feel sorry for those that bought the marketing hype and took the plunge early.

So come on G.Skill. You guys are aware of the root problem by now, so why don't you contact the MOBO manufacturers and strongly suggest they clean up their poorly written software. After all, they are not the ones dealing with RMAs on brand new, expensive, bricked RAM sticks.

feelsbadman

Comment

• Wishing I could return these, at this point, feels like false advertising.

Not to mention rainbow is getting so old, looks ugly in my all red build

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
                            Wishing I could return these, at this point, feels like false advertising.

Not to mention rainbow is getting so old, looks ugly in my all red build
                            I agree. I have one with the rainbow, the 2nd is dead...so I'd be all kinds of happy if I was stuck with a rainbow on both

Comment

• Originally posted by MeiBee View Post
                              I agree. I have one with the rainbow, the 2nd is dead...so I'd be all kinds of happy if I was stuck with a rainbow on both
                              Haha I'm 3 out of 4 working but yes I'd totally be happy if I had all 4 rainbow again.

Comment

• Possible fix

I reinstalled Win10 and downloaded the newer 1.00.16beta. After a day, one module became unresponsive and after a restart, it was not lit anymore. The G.Skill software didn't recognize it anymore, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I tried everything. Like switching the modules from 1 and 3 to 2 and 4, swapping them etc.

I was so pissed, I wanted to open a ticket and send them in for warranty repair. But then I tried the last software that worked for me: The TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta.

After uninstalling the newer version and restarting, I installed the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta, and the module became responsive again and the led's worked again. I am now using the 1.00.08 until they fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X