Second Set of Ram Failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Set of Ram Failed

This is the second set of F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK that have failed in 18 months. I bought the first set on 01/22/2008 and they lasted about a year, now my replacement kit has failed on 09/10/2009. Both sets were used in two different machines with Asus P5K-E mobo's. This latest set won't complete a memtest +86 run before BSOD'ing. I've also tried them in another machine with the same results. So it looks like I need to RMA this kit too.

If possible, I'd like a different kit this time around. I have a set of F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK's that have outlasted both sets of the HK's. I'd be happy with another set of the PK's or something.

I've already filled out the RMA form and sent a email to rma@gskill.com

UPDATE:

Had more time to do tests on them and found the stick that's causing the problems. It's the one with S/N: 8490120007143. It starts throwing errors right away in memtest.
    Last edited by CrashGordon; 09-11-2009, 07:44 AM.

When installing memory, did you configure the memory in BIOS? Make sure you do otherwise AUTO settings may decrease the lifespan of the memory.

What is you email address? I will see if we can get approval for a different set.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yes, the timings were manually set to DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2T 2.0v just like they have been since I got them. I got the replacement kit (this set) on 1/23/2009 and have worked fine untill last night.
      Last edited by CrashGordon; 09-11-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: removed email link ;)

Comment

Please resend the RMA form to rma@gskill.com

I do not see anything with that email address.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

That's because I sent it from a different email account with my real name (I don't post my main email on a public fourm). But I'll send it from the one posted above.

It's been sent at 4:09 PM EST
          Last edited by CrashGordon; 09-11-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Got it, will have it processed in a couple minutes.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

OK, hopefully I can get the RMA number today and be able to ship it out on Monday.

That kit was $69.99 when I originally bought them, so if these get exchanged for a different product I hope they will be of equal value.

Comment

They will definitely be of current equal or more. Of course we will not downgrade you! =)

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Note to self: Need to request approval for a different set. (Don't remember if I did before I left Friday.)

Comment

I didn't think so. Thanks for your help too.

It's never fun having a part fail, but just like the last time, the customer support is very good and I will continue to buy and recommend G.Skill products.

Comment

Any news on the approval for a different set?

Comment

Just sent that in today, should have a response by tommorrow. Will let you know ASAP.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Alright, I'll check back tomorrow.

Comment

Any update? I know it's still kinda early in the day on the West Coast.

Comment

Did not get a response yet, resent another email with bold letters. Sorry about the wait, but I am pushing for an upgrade. =)

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, thanks for the effort. I'll check back in a day or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X