Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second RMA

Hi,

Let's start from the beginning, on May 16th 2011, i bought a pair of 4GBB modules. ( F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL )

In the middle of 2013, i started to experience some crashes on my pc. Took me some time to figure out it was coming from the RAM. I used memtest to determine one of my two sticks was defective. Around 26 August, i started my first RMA to get new memory sticks. It was quite fast but, during the few days my RAM was travelling around the world, i used a friend's RAM module and i didn't experience any crash. A few days later, i get my brand new modules delivered by TNT.
    I took my friend's module off my computer. Placed the two new ones (S/N ending by 59 and 60) in the correct slots, booted, but every single time, the computer froze at windows startup. I took off one of the sticks, the computer started just fine (with S/N 60 inside). I replaced 60 by 59 and the computer wouldn't boot anymore.

I ran memtest again, first with the stick n60, no errors after several hours.

Then, I ran memtest with the stick n59, and there was tons of errors in a few minutes.

Enough said, one of my brand new memory module was born dead I'd like to get the second RMA but I read I have to contact a technician to do so, so... here am I!

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

go there and follow the directions to start an RMA.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thanks but I'm not supposed to use this directly for the second RMA according to this:

Second RMA Procedures:
      1. If a complete product was replaced under RMA and is defective upon inspection or is defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials, then the product qualifies for a second RMA within 90 days of receipt of previous RMA.
      2. End Users must troubleshoot with a tech support representative prior to requesting a second RMA.
      3. If the G.SKILL technician concludes that the product qualifies for a second RMA, G.SKILL will issue a second RMA number for the defective product.
      So... unless you're the aforesaid technician, you can't really help me out

Comment

Ah sorry, never seen that about the second rma being a different prodecure, and still don't on that list. Thankfully I've never had to use said procedure! Anyways Good Luck
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Please apply for RMA again and send it in for exchange. We sincerely apologize for that, the replacement should work flawlessly.

Thank you

GSKILL TECH
          Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Okay i'll do that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X