Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Possible memory issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible memory issue

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to gauge if I have a memory issue or not, and I'd appreciate some advice. I posted earlier in another thread but that might not have been the best place so I decided to post here.

To cut it short, I have a Ryzen 5 1600, Strix B350 board with the 1.0.0.6 AGESA update, a set of FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX, and also a set of Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver5.39.

The Corsair set gets up to 2933 at 15-17-17-36 timings and will do it all day long. The FlareX kit will not go past 2400MHz (SPD), no matter what I try, even using loosened timings like the Corsair kit. The Ryzen SOC I happen to have seems to be capable of driving memory to a reasonable rate.

Another issue is that the board is auto detecting different sub-timings between the sticks. This seems odd and the corsair set is not doing this. Is there a problem with the memory? How can I verify this?

Thanks for any assistance. I'm looking to have two systems set up so I'd like to sort this out.

PS: Also got the same results on a GB B350 Gaming 3 board, same Ryzen chip.

Send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit works better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Working...
    X