Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan that came with my flares is broken

Hello,

I recently had a friend help me purchase a set of G.Skill DDR3-1800 Flares from e-tailer www.newegg.com while he was in the United States. Upon receiving this kit from my friend, we found that one of the fans is broken. The LED lights comes on but one of the fans does not spin at all and there is nothing restricting it. The ram itself is perfectly fine and I am amazed by the timings I have with them. As such, I am wondering if it is possible for me to only RMA the fan or if I have to RMA the entire "set".

As an added bonus, I am currently living in Hong Kong, so I am unsure of how the warranty policies will carry out.

Could someone please advise me on this matter?

Thanks!

Please contact our Taiwan office regarding this case. They may just send you a new one. rma@gskill.com

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello,

I would like to update the situation and see what is going on. I initially wrote to rma@gskill.com on July 4, and again on July 15 after receiving no response. I made this thread after receiving no response or indication of any kind. It has been a month and I still have not heard anything. I am wondering if this type of experience is commonplace as typically a response of some sort is issued at latest within a week.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

I will contact them for you, it is very odd that you are not receiving a response within 48 hours.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for helping me look into this, I will post an update here when I hear from them.

Comment

Please cc me any copies of your emails (ustech@gskillusa.com). If they do not respond, let me know so I can get on them to see what's going on.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry, I'm confused. Are you asking me to forward the previous emails I sent or to send a new one and CC you as an additional recipient?

Comment

Please send a new one and add me as a recipient through cc. This way if they do not respond after 48 hours, I can say... hey Velathawen aaaa@aaaaa.com emailed you... how can we assist him? what is the delay? etc. etc.

So I take it there has been no response yet to your previous emails?

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thus far I have not even received a notification that my e-mail was successfully received. Moments ago, I have sent a new email and added you to the CC as instructed. I really hope that other friends of mine who purchase G.Skill products in HK won't have to go through this

Comment

I have gotten a response and have sent in my RMA request form. Thanks for your assistance, will post back when everything is done!

Comment

Back with an update!

I got the letter from the post informing me I had a package yesterday afternoon and picked it up this morning. Glad to report that the new fan is working perfectly. Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

No problem! Thanks for the update!

GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X