RMA of Replacement Memory Modules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA of Replacement Memory Modules

Lately I have been getting random BSODs so I decided to check what was causing these BSODs. So far, every hardware I have worked perfectly (I got a new mobo and using the built-in X4500 graphics). After running memory test (the last test I did in trouble shooting because I was skeptical that it was caused by faulty memory since were just replaced last October), I was pretty surprised to find out that the memory was causing these random BSODs - memtest showed around 455 (or so errors) in test no. 5. and only this test has resulted in errors.

I was wondering, since I RMAed my modules last October 2009, can I still RMA these replacement memory modules?

Thanks!

After running memtest on each of my memory modules, found out that my memory modules weren't defective after all. Finally was able to run Windows 7 without the random BSOD - it turns out this freaking mobo is picky when it comes to memory and is known to have issues running dual channel. Thank God, I was able to configure it correctly! WTF Asus?!

Comment

What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Asus P5QL-EM. Ditched my Commando for this because I needed a mATX setup for more desk space. My mistake was I got the board after seeing the features and layout (imho, one of the best feature set for a mATX mobo for its price), I didn't even bothered to read any reviews for it. =[

BTW, I am using the current BIOS version. I've updated it before I installed Windows, but still it BSOD on me.

Anyway, its running fine now and never encountered any BSODs in the last 5 days or so. Good thing I tried running memtest for each of the modules, other wise I may have paid for the shipping costs to and from G. Skill. hehe
        Last edited by nmeuvdast8; 02-27-2010, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X