Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Defective RMA unit (RMA# ER2152663)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective RMA unit (RMA# ER2152663)

Hey GGSKILL,

I just received the item today (3 hrs ago). But I am sure you sent me a DEFECTIVE ram. Why?

First, I removed all ram memory in my imac 27inches, and I just only inserted the ram that you sent to me. But my mac doesnít starting. I tried again the second time, now my imac booted up.

I ran memtest in utilities to check if thereís no error. After 15 seconds, my mac just turn off. I booted it up again, and my imac doesnít boot no more. All I can hear was three beeps.

So I tried, putting all the ram memory I have in the four slots (including the ram you sent to me), my mac booted up but after few minutes, it shut down automatically and showing error messages.

NOW, I inserted all ram memory but now (I didnít not inserted the new ram you sent to me), my imac booted up, everythings went well. No problem.

SO I AM VERY SURE, YOU SENT ME A DEFECTIVE RAM.

This is very disappointing... Your quality service before an item goes out to your door is not that exceptional. I am very sure you missed to QA this item you sent back to me.

It's because I'm located here in the philippines, shipping an electronics item is not that cheap. I've waited 20 days for this item, but now all I've got is another defective ram unit. So very bad experience.

If I just knew and expected this I should have bought a new one or other brand ram.

P.S. I wore an anti static wrist strap before I touch and while inserting the ram to my imac. So I think you'll never say that I destroyed the ram by handling it with bare hands.

Comment

What model RAM do you have?
      Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Working...
      X