Phoenix Pro 120GB problem with BIOS detection and wake from sleep mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120GB problem with BIOS detection and wake from sleep mode

Hi, I've been using my Phoenix Pro 120GB for a bit over a year now. Occasionally I've had problems with BSOD 0x00..F4 when waking form sleep mode, but it only occurred rarely.

However, recently I've moved my SSD to another computer, and the problems have gotten worse. It now BSODs every time it wakes from sleep. Even worse, it is only detected by the BIOS around half of the time. I have to restart my computer several times before it is detected and able to boot. I've tried using different SATA cables and moving it to different SATA ports, but all have the same problem. I've updated the new motherboard BIOS, and tried re-installing the SSD Firmware 4.2 and it hasn't fixed the problem. I know it is not the motherboard, as I've tried a few other SSDs with it and they all work fine. The drive works fine if/when it is finally detected and boots. It also usually works fine when doing a windows restart, but once you shut the computer down or put it into sleep mode the drive disappears again. Should I go ahead and request an RMA, or is there something else I could try? The warranty is 3 years on this right? Thanks.
    Last edited by seeker_moc; 02-20-2012, 06:29 PM.

some user reported about this problem and it is because of the SSD controller, we also reported to Sandforce for a long time ago, but no any update about this bug. Really sorry for making inconvenient, however, you can contact our RMA department, we will replace another drive for you.

Comment

Working...
    X