sswont boot on cold restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sswont boot on cold restart

i have a Phoenix Series FM-25S2S-60GBP1 2.5" 60GB , from day one (i have it for 2 months now) it would not boot up on start up, after resetting again for any where from 5-15 times i get it to load my os.

for now i just leave my computer on most of the times, and backup my system often. there are no other problems other then that.

in the store i bought it from they said that it might be because of my motherboard (im using an xfx nforce 750i sli).

should i rma this drive to you guys?

thanks in advance.

edit: also when the drive don't boot, my bios wont recognize the driver.
    Last edited by oskosh; 03-24-2011, 05:26 PM.

Hi oskosh,

Could you use others computer to test.
    if this issue still appear, please RMA it.
    If this SSD has problem with this motherboard, it should not recognize.
    try to upgrade to latest BIOS version.
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 03-24-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

hey guys

i guys resurrecting this since the issue still proceed.

i was the sure the root of the problem was my old mobo (xfx nforce 750i sli)

but, last week i got my new machine (3930k om asus extreme rampage 4 )

anyhow, for the first few boots it seemed to be working.

formatted the ssd, and pushed a win7 image on him.

since then it is not showing up again (not in the bios, not in windows).

since i use it with my hot swap bay (level 10 gt ftw btw) i have also tested it with the sata going straight from the mobo, with no luck.

i guess it an RMA now?

not related, my for new machine i got 4x8 32GB ripjaw z 1600 mhz,

but my machine is only showing up 16 out of it.

in cpu-z i can see 16 gb, i can chose any of the 8 dimms, but there is no data on any of the slots.

Comment

What version of Win - if Win7 Home Premium you are limited to 16GB, can also go into MSCONFIG and see if Windows is placing a limit, MSCONFIG, click on the boot tab, advanced and check if max memory is unchecked

On the drive, not likely but might try a different SATA cable

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

win 7 ultimate

and for the ddr, well my entire 4 right dimms are not showing up on bios. well they show up just not being populated. i have tried with all 4 1&3 dimm config and 2&4 config also.
          no success.

i shall open a ticket with ASUS after i willl switch the current 4 sticks with the other 4 to be sure the sticks are good.

as i mentioned with regard to the SSD, since i use a hot swap bay, i wanted to be sure its not it, so i have also tried using 2 other SATA cables and on other SATA ports on the mobo.

i have also tried setting ACHI vs IDE with no success.

ms config max memory box was not checked, when i checked it , it showed 16384, going to set it to 32768 and see it that make a change.
          Last edited by oskosh; 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

please check the capacity by windows task manager, at the same time, a BIOS update may solving this problem! let us know the results.

Comment

Working...
            X