Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parted Magic ,Save your low performance SSD

Hi all

Thank for Kwilks3 provide us this great tool.

It can effectively restore "Phoenix" performance.
    before we release our toolbox, it is useful.
    please let me show you how to use it.

Caution
    Before you use secure erase, please backup all data on the SSD as a precaution

How to securely erase your Phoenix / Phoenix Pro SSD

1. Go to Parted Magic Download pmagic-5.7.iso
    2. Burn an ISO Image File to a CD or USB Disk
    3. It have to set on AHCI mode.
    4. Use CD or USB Disk to boot up your System and select the first option.

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4-1. Right steps

Step 4-2. Wrong step, Do not need to turn off the power, Please remove SSD and reconnect again. Go back step 1.

Step 4-3. Motherboard does not detect any storage device. Please reconnect to the primary SATA port. Do not use the 3rd sata port or E-sata port.

Step 5.
    This step only takes few seconds.
    When the window automatically closes the program is also completed.

__________________________________________________ __________________
    From user "Chosin":

I have tried different methods to get parted magic to load. usb, cd, dvd, different burning utilizes. Nothing! no matter what, it would get stuck on 6 penguins. Finally found ultimate boot cd has parted magic. I follow their instructions for burning it. I set my drives back to IDE in the bios. and BAM works. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ . It is a big DL but worth not having a mental breakdown.
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-04-2011, 02:50 PM.

Thanks !

If anyone going to do this, please, do a benchmark like Atto and others if necessary "BEFORE" and "AFTER" the erase process (and how long did it take ?) and post them here.

The more the merrier, at least these results will be quite convincing proofs for others.

Comment

Hi all

I got the result.

before "magic"

after "magic"

Comment

Nice results GSKILL

Receive my best regards

Comment

Does this tool work for other models of Gskill ?

Comment

Here is My case
            Win7 OS from the ghost image
            CPU 200x15=3G
            DRAM 2GBx3 1600 CL 9-9-9

4K Read look like is not perfect, But the overall performance would be acceptable.

Comment

Does this tool work for other models of Gskill ?
              Works well on Falcon too ?

Comment

I am trying to secure wipe my phenox pro 120GB drive in my laptop using this bootable CD and I am getting the step 4.2 error message that the drive is frozen by the laptops bios.

The drive is connected correctly I have verified and it is connected to sata connection 0 is it just possible that this application is just not compatible with my laptops BIOS? I am on the most current BIOS for my laptop.

Is it ok to go ahead and do the external wipe as it is asking or is that not recommended...

Comment

Same problem here. I've erased with a desktop pc and connecting the serial ata cable to the drive only after the bios boot procedure.
                  I found this procedure here.

Comment

Yes as follo said I connected the drive to my destop PC and was successfull although I had to do some fiddling in the BIOS to get the linux to boot not sure what I did to get it to boot because all my settings were already what they needed to be...

GSKILL was right when it goes to wipe the drive it flashes for a split second and closes...

Thank you GSKILL for the tool I probably wont benchmark it I just wanted to wipe the drive to reload windows on it for my new laptop...

Comment

I did my three FM-25S2S-64GBF1's yesterday with no problems at all.

Comment

I did my Falcon 64GB (FM-25S2S-64GBF1) after not noticing much of a difference going from 1916 > 2030 fw. The flash went well though and all looked good but read/write were still ~185/85 or so. I decided to try Parted Magic and the process went smoothly however running the bench again resulted in slightly higher scores ~190/9x until it generated a write error.

Now the drive makes my computer(s) hang during post and no longer showed up in Windows immediately after the error occurred.

BTW I was using CrystalMark for benchmarking purposes.

Comment

Hello everyone,

This is a great idea and all but the questions still stands for me. Is there any 3rd party software that can monitor the drive similar to TRIM on Raid arrays? Or is there something we can run every once and a while that will keep the drive running fast. This idea of having to image and restore and reinstall seems a bit nutty. Is this the best idea? If it is, then we really need a tutorial or guide on how to form the right partition image, make a boot disk and run the erase program all together for beginners. I'm assuming using Acronis True Image and Parted Magic. Support can you do this?

Thanks
                          Last edited by ashton; 12-07-2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashton View Post
                            Hello everyone,

This is a great idea and all but the questions still stands for me. Is there any 3rd party software that can monitor the drive similar to TRIM on Raid arrays? Or is there something we can run every once and a while that will keep the drive running fast. This idea of having to image and restore and reinstall seems a bit nutty. Is this the best idea? If it is, then we really need a tutorial or guide on how to form the right partition image, make a boot disk and run the erase program all together for beginners. I'm assuming using Acronis True Image and Parted Magic. Support can you do this?

Thanks
                            Yes, i agree with you, if GKILL doesn?t provide us a tool to erase our SSD and restore all the information easily, could be great to have a guide for beginners for people who dont know nothing about linux and HDD images, step by step.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ashton View Post
                              Hello everyone,

Thanks
                              BUMP!!!! ?

Comment

Working...
                              X