Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Pro 120GB - Cannot wake from sleep (Win 7 x64)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120GB - Cannot wake from sleep (Win 7 x64)

Hello,

I just received my SSD a few days ago, and I'm thrilled with it. The only problem, however, is with sleep/S3/standby mode. I can enter into sleep (regular or hybrid sleep) just fine, but when I try to wake the computer up, it powers on for about 1 second, and then reboots itself. It used to work just fine before with my HDD. I've read that this is an issue with the Sandforce controller firmware. Is there a firmware update to fix this issue?

My setup:
    Mobo: ASRock X58 Extreme (BIOS 2.60 - latest)
    PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 700w
    Processor: Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.0 GHz
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    Disk: G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-120GBP2 (firmware 2.1)
    Video Card: Radeon HD5870

Relevant Settings:
    AHCI mode
    Defrags off
    TRIM enabled

Thanks,

Nimesh
    Last edited by neemoxtrm; 10-27-2010, 07:06 AM.

Hi neemoxtrm

New FW has not solved this issue yet.
    We have already informed Sandforce this problem again and again.
    hope they can figure it out as soon as possible.

sorry for that

Comment

by the way, could you try to set AHCI mode driver to window' standard driver

our engineer try this way solve this problem.

please let me know does it work

Comment

I tried your solution. I uninstalled the Intel AHCI controller, but I continue to have the same problem. Here is what my devices look like:

So the 2.2 firmware you've received from Sandforce will not be able to solve this issue? Or are you guys developing your own firmware for the next release?
        Last edited by neemoxtrm; 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hello,
          Take a look to this thread

Some people seems to solve the problem by installation of the latest WHQL intel RST 10 drivers. May be it was a previous version of RST that you used ?
          9.6.1014 gives the bug im my case but only with the phoenix pro SSD (SF1200)

In my case also, original ms AHCI drivers seems to solve the problem no problem since 2 days but i continue to test them for a week because the issue randomly appears after long sleep.
          Config 1 :ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 980x, 12 GB GSkill PI series 1600 CL7, Intel G2 160 GB SSD, 2x WD black series, GTX470.

Config 2: ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 975x, 12 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7, Phoenix pro 120 GB SSD, 3x WD green series, GTX280.

Comment

Working...
          X