Sandforce Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandforce Toolbox

Will gskill be releasing one? I've read sandforce suppled them to all suppliers.

Thanks!

Hi Undersea

really? I thought it need money if user want to use.
    I have to confirm our PM this info.

thanks

Comment

Wonder if they left that small part out?

Its a sheer coincidence that this Toolbox was released right on the heels of our interview with Kent Smith, Senior Director of Product Marketing at SandForce, where he stated that SandForce had supplied this Toolbox to manufacturers some time ago and the manufacturers were free to distribute is as they saw fit. During the interview, neither of us could suggest as to why it had never been released to the consumer. A conversation with Corsair earlier this week, however, revealed that they too had the toolbox but had not received clear direction on its distribution.
      As seen here Sandforce Tool Box

Comment

Nice find Undersea.

Sounds like a really excellent idea. Is it not possible to use the OCZ release on a gskill ssd? I don't mean to let gskill off the hook here, just wondering. If Sandforce has gone to the trouble of creating a toolbox and making it available to the end user, I can't imagine this is something they would charge more $ for. C'mon gskill, hook us up!

BTW, I was expecting the download link in the article to work but it didn't. Hmm..

Comment

The OCZ toolbox v2.22 detects my Gskill phoenix pro ssd ... it's a basic tool
          you can see smart attributes and some other informations, update firmware and erase the drive.

now i can't test if "secure erase" function is working on Gskill ssd because it's my OS disk.
          Last edited by Roylion15; 10-25-2010, 09:56 PM.
          Config 1 :ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 980x, 12 GB GSkill PI series 1600 CL7, Intel G2 160 GB SSD, 2x WD black series, GTX470.

Config 2: ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 975x, 12 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7, Phoenix pro 120 GB SSD, 3x WD green series, GTX280.

Comment

Originally posted by Roylion15 View Post
            The OCZ toolbox v2.22 detects my Gskill phoenix pro ssd ... it's a basic tool
            you can see smart attributes and some other informations, update firmware and erase the drive.

now i can't test if "secure erase" function is working on Gskill ssd because it's my OS disk.
            Thanks for the info. sounds like it could be handy once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Undersea View Post
              Wonder if they left that small part out?

As seen here Sandforce Tool Box
              Thanks guys

could you tell me where did you see that.
              as I know, this tool need money.
              I will inform this info to SANDFORCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Undersea View Post
                Its a sheer coincidence that this Toolbox was released right on the heels of our interview with Kent Smith, Senior Director of Product Marketing at SandForce, where he stated that SandForce had supplied this Toolbox to manufacturers some time ago and the manufacturers were free to distribute is as they saw fit. During the interview, neither of us could suggest as to why it had never been released to the consumer. A conversation with Corsair earlier this week, however, revealed that they too had the toolbox but had not received clear direction on its distribution.
                Thanks guys

I will inform Sandforce this info.
                could you tell me where did you see this info
                Last edited by G.SKILL; 10-26-2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

http://thessdreview.com/uncategorize...equipped-ssds/

Thanks

Comment

FYI - I ran the secure erase from the OCZ toolbox tool and it didn't hurt the drive at all but I can't speak to its effectiveness.

Comment

Further...

My name is Les and I am the Publisher of The SSD Review. I apologize ahead with respect to that article as a previous conversation was misinterpreted with SandForce. They contacted me regarding this thread consequently. If you check the thread, you may note that it is reworded because companies do have to pay a premium for release rights.

A question for GSKILL if I may. I have been trying very hard to establish a contact as you have no headquarters in North America to possibly do a review of your product. Our site is very popular and all of the larger companies are now climbing aboard. In fact I have 4 products in front of me to review and we just released one.

Can you set me up with a contact in PR or Marketting so we can assist the SSD community by reviewing your product?

Appreciated

Les Tokar
                      Publisher
                      www.thessdreview.com

EDIT: You are free to send me an email at the site or respond here but I can not leave a ph number on a forum... Apologies.
                      Last edited by TheSSDReview; 10-29-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X