Clear All

• Windows 10, version 1703

Windows 10, version 1703
    Failed to install.

Cause on the BSOD: bldrv1241.sys

Any new Windows 10 drivers coming soon?

Phoenix Blade 480GB
    Last edited by paakmaan; 06-18-2017, 06:31 PM. Reason: Identity Product

No, unfortunately we will not be releasing new drivers for that drive.

Have you installed OS on that drive before? Are you attempting to install the driver when that error happens?

Comment

I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit when the free upgrade was offered about a 18 months ago from Windows 7.1 Pro 64 bit. There was no problems then.

The Microsoft creators update take about 30 minutes to install, then reboots. It reboots 3 times and identifies bldrv1241.sys failed as the stop code. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.

Sort of disappointing that there is no future for this product.

I can certainly will say that this SDD "F*CKING ROCKS!"

But now I feel ripped off.

But life goes on.....

Comment

Hi paakmaan,

After some extensive testing, we've found a way for you to continue using the Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD under the latest Windows 10 update.

You will need the “Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD Driver r2321 (Windows 7, 8, 8.1)” from our product webpage. The download link is here:

http://www.gskill.com/Download/Drive...iver_r2321.zip

1. Remove Phoenix Blade from the PCIe slot on the motherboard.
        2. This should allow you to boot into Windows 10 Build 1703 with latest updates, if the PCIe SSD prevented you from booting into Windows before.
        3. After going into Windows, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers
        4. Look for a file called “bldrv1241.sys” and delete it
        5. Shut down the system
        6. Install Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD back into the PCIe slot. Without the problematic driver, it should boot into Windows.
        7. Go to Device Manager, and look under “Storage controllers”. If it says “G.SKILL Phoenix Blade Controller” or “Comay SBC208 SCSI Controller” or anything similar to the ones above, right click on it and choose “Uninstall device”, and make sure to click the checkbox for “Delete the driver software for this device.” Wait for it to uninstall/delete, then right click and choose to “Scan for hardware changes”. Repeat this step #7 until you see an unrecognized device under “Other devices > Mass Storage Controller”.
        8. Right click the unrecognized “Mass Storage Controller” and choose to “Update driver”, then choose the bottom option to “Browse my computer for driver software”, and in the dialogue, navigate to the extracted downloaded folder %PhoenixBladeDriver_r2321%/Windows Pre-Install Drivers/win7_2008”. After selecting the “win7_2008” folder, click “OK” to install the Windows 7 driver.
        9. After installing the Windows 7 driver, reboot the system, and your Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD drive should be recognized now under the latest Windows Update on Windows 10.

Comment

LOL, we bought a pcie SSD and we don't use it as main drive,
          off course we prefer a old sata3 for boot device....
          is it a joke ??
          exuse me but these solution is just stupid...

1k€ to be ****ed with this drive so cool : Gskil is forever banned of my wichlist
          /clap

Comment

Working...
          X