Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Phoenix Pro drives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro drives

Back in 2010 I got my self 2 120 Phoenix Pro drives I got about 2 years out of them before they started to drop out and not be picked up by bios on any computer with any cords at this point I changed to Samsung and never looked back. Now the other day when i was cleaning up I came a cross these drives again and just for interest stake I tossed them in my HTPC, They didn't work.

So as I had nothing better to do I decided to open one up and have a look everything looked ok so I was thinking maybe ill plug it in and see. IT worked so I did the same to the other one and it worked as well............... I have been running them on a glass table for about 24h now and have had no issues with these drive at all. I must point out I tried everything to get these drives to work with no luck.

Don't try this at home unless your ready to rubbish bin these drives as I was

I have the same problem, my SSD started to be not detected by bios before the en of the 3 years warranty. I thought it was because of the incompatibility between haswell and SF 1200. But even in a USB3 enclosure, there were more and more detection problems.

GSkill just answered me I won't have any RMA for this SSD, even if I reported this problem in time.

Now they are useless (as you say, ready for the bin).
    So I am very interested in what you did. Just open and close the SSD would do the job ?
    Have you tried to power off and on your computer several times ? Everything is ok ?

Thanks for your message (a new hope) and your help.

Comment

All I have done is remove them from the steel cases I now have them suspended in my HTPC and they appear happy. Don't let them contact anything that could earth them out when powered

Comment

Working...
      X