Announcement

Collapse

Got a technical problem?

Please provide the following information with any new post involving a technical issue with your G.Skill peripheral. This pertinent information will allow us to effectively troubleshoot and provide the best solution.

1) Software (SW) version and firmware (FW) version
2) Did this issue occur on a new software installation or software update?
3) What is the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.)
4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.)
5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.)
6) Your motherboard model number
7) Any antivirus/anti-malware software programs you have installed
8) Any other keyboard/mouse/similar device software you have installed

If you would like, you can also email this info to techsupport@gskill.com for our peripherals team to troubleshoot/replicate the issue.

Thank you!
See more
See less

MX780 Mouse Freezing Issues on PS4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX780 Mouse Freezing Issues on PS4

Hi everyone,

I recently obtained a Ripjaws MX780 mouse to provide better performance than my old cheap Amazon mouse. I use my mechanical keyboard and mouse to play on my PS4[slim] with no issues. When I started using the mouse with the same keyboard, it would be pretty smooth except for the slightly added latency that I couldn't explain. I didn't have the latency with the old mouse. So I'm playing Fortnite, and I notice that at random times, the mouse will just freeze and moving it doesn't do anything on screen for .5-1 second. Seeing it happen multiple times has led me to notice that it is connected to keyboard activity. Nevertheless, the freezing makes the experience unplayable as Fortnite is fast-paced. Note that there is native support from Fortnite for keyboard and mouse input instead of a controller, and I am not using any adapter to mimic a controller. The peripherals are just connected via the USB ports on the PS4.

Edit: I have also begun noticing the same stutter/freezing on my PC, even when my keyboard is not in use. Suspecting that this is a hardware issue :/
Working...
X