Announcement

Collapse

Got a technical problem?

Please provide the following information with any new post involving a technical issue with your G.Skill peripheral. This pertinent information will allow us to effectively troubleshoot and provide the best solution.

1) Software (SW) version and firmware (FW) version
2) Did this issue occur on a new software installation or software update?
3) What is the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.)
4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.)
5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.)
6) Your motherboard model number
7) Any antivirus/anti-malware software programs you have installed
8) Any other keyboard/mouse/similar device software you have installed

If you would like, you can also email this info to techsupport@gskill.com for our peripherals team to troubleshoot/replicate the issue.

Thank you!
See more
See less

MX780 Constant CPU Usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX780 Constant CPU Usage

I am trying to find an older post related to this, but the search in this forum does not work well. It seems to return 0 results when I have more than 1 keyword.

I was wondering if there has been any progress on the issue of the MX780 mouse driver "App.exe" constantly using the CPU at minimum of 2 or 3 percent. This is simply unacceptable. Whenever I reboot my computer, the first thing I do is go into Task Manager and kill the driver. I heard somewhere that the driver was written in .NET which is probably part of the problem. Should be C/C++.

I saw that there hasn't been an updated driver since February of 2017. Is this product still being developed???

Any update? This is discouraging.

Comment

Any update? I just noticed that a coworker of mine was using the same mouse and we checked his Task Manager as saw App.exe was using 5% of the CPU with no mouse movement! This is totally unacceptable! Can someone please reply to this issue????

Comment

Working...
      X