KM780RGB key lighting issues, sound issue, double keypress issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780RGB key lighting issues, sound issue, double keypress issue

Hello. I'm a customer that bought the G.Skill KM780RGB some time ago, and I've been having issues since day one. First being mild annoyances, now it's borderline unusable.

First thing that happened was a sound issue. Every time I had the keyboard with lights on, there would be a high toned, constant sound coming from the keyboard, specifically from above the numpad. I sent the audio to support explaining my issue and they stopped answering after a few messages. I had to send another message TWO MONTHS LATER to get an answer, with them not responding again after a few more messages.

This was the last message: "Thank you for the sound clip. Try lowering the LED lights to see if sound changes. I believe it is the sound of power. Do you have the latest firmware and software? "

I then answered: "Yes, I installed the latest firmware and software, that's when the problem started. When I had in clean off the box it only had three lights with preestablished pattern, red, green, and blue. When I installed the software I was able to customize it at will, and also the problem with the sound started immediately after it."

There hasn't been a response nor offer for a replacement since then.

After this issue, I boxed the keyboard and used another one. Now, some time later, I unboxed it and started using it again.

Week one, some LEDs don't turn off. Immediately after connecting, red LEDS from the M3 row downwards are always on, and green LEDs from Mute downwards are always on.

Week two, suddenly there are double keypresses. I'm really fast at typing so me sticking my finger in a key for a long period of time is not an option.

This irritated me, so I searched the Internet and found this forum (and the V037 downgrade that supposedly fixes it) with no luck at all. All issues are still rampant. High pitch noise, specific keys being always turned on, and double keypresses. This keyboard has at most two months of use.

I'm really, really disappointed. But there might be a last resort of some kind. Any advice?

We can exchange the keyboard to see if a replacement can work better, please submit the RMA request form online:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      We can exchange the keyboard to see if a replacement can work better, please submit the RMA request form online:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
      That would actually been useful when I started messaging you about its issues on december 19th 2016 (a few weeks after purchase) and your customer service not only did they not offer any refund or replacement, they stopped answering emails at december 31st, after I sent the audio file of the issue inside the keyboard. I had to force them to message me on february 3rd 2017 after asking for an answer. When I replied again to the answer from customer service, they stopped answering again. I know you haven't offered a refund before, even when asked to, and now since so much time has passed you have even more reasons to not offer me one.
      Last edited by Zyurat; 02-23-2019, 12:24 PM. Reason: wrong date

Comment

Update: four more rows of keys now have the red color always on, and the keyboard reboots every time I press a key, so now it doesn't work at all. THANKS A LOT G-SKILL! WORST SUPPORT I'VE EVER HAD ON ANY PIECE OF ANYTHING!

Comment

Hello, I've had similar issues and I solved them making all the changes I want in the software (lighting, macros, etc) and then uninstalling it. After uninstalling the software, I didn't have any issue.

Comment

This keyboard is a piece of ****. I already had 4 replacement, and all of them have the same issue. just live with the regret of buying it and move on. Never buy G.skill peripherals ever again, go with Logitech.

Comment

Working...
            X