KM780R software version 0.91 not working after update 1809

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780R software version 0.91 not working after update 1809

I just updated to the new release October updated 1809 for Win 10 and my software for the KM780R will not start. The software version I'm running is 0.91 and firmware is 26 I believe, but can't be sure without the program running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software with no change. Can you please look into this?

If you need more info let me know and I will post it for you.
    Last edited by Bgunner; 10-11-2018, 08:40 AM. Reason: software

I have the same problem...

Comment

After reverting to 1803 software worked again. But this is G.Skill we are talking about here.... can't fix the firm ware corruption issue that has plagued this keyboard from day one. Other than RAM I will not be buying any other products from this company again because there customer service and help leaves way to much to be desired. These are PnP devices, when I have to,6 times a year, reinstall the firmware for the keyboard this is not plug and play, this is plug fix play, plug fix play, plug fix play.

Now that Microsoft has released an updated version 1809 to the insider program we will just have to wait and see what happens. If ther is an issue still do not expect G.Skill to help in any way as this is their track record with keyboards and peripherals.

Comment

can confirm it is not working on 1809, installed the software on my laptop running 1803 and worked smoothly...

Comment

Ok, I confirm this is still the case with the newly re-released 1809 update (released as of November 19). (For those who didn't follow the news, the original 1809 update had been pulled by Microsoft due to bugs, and was re-released this week with additional fixes).

So, even with this week's 1809 update, the problem still exists despite the new 1809 update containing driver-related fixes.
          Thus, we cannot use the software under Windows 10 1809.

Launching the software does nothing visible. The process is active, as seen from the Task Manager, but the tray icon doesn't appear and there is no way to access the UI.
          I've tried all the typical fixes/workarounds such as Windows 7 / Windows 8 compatibility mode, running as administrator, etc... as well as playing with processor affinity due to multiprocessor, and nothing I did fixed the problem.

This is very bad.

Unfortunately, this worries me a lot http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-g-skill-again
          The thread says things like "no more support", anyone knows about this? Is it true? What if we submit a support ticket, will it be ignored, or just that nothing will happen at all and the issue won't be fixed?

Anyone knows if we would have better luck with Microsoft perhaps, for them to make things more like 1803 with regard to how Windows deals with the keyboard software?

Comment

Guys, I have the same issue as eveyone here.
            I contacted G.Skill about this and they told me that the software team is "currently working to provide a software update". So it's a matter of time now, which is better than expecting nothing.

In the mean time, I reverted my Windows 10 to 1803 until this update is released.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by psychic717 View Post
              Guys, I have the same issue as eveyone here.
              I contacted G.Skill about this and they told me that the software team is "currently working to provide a software update". So it's a matter of time now, which is better than expecting nothing.

In the mean time, I reverted my Windows 10 to 1803 until this update is released.

Cheers.
              Lets hope so... I had to format my machine due electrical surge and now had installed the 1809 and can’t go back to previous edition so I’m unable to configure my keyboard to my 3D design programs shortcuts...

Comment

Adding my name to the users who can no longer use the KX780 MX software in Windows 10, release 1809. Have scoured this forum and tired all methods listed to fix and no success just like the others above. This is super frustrating as I love this keyboard.

1. Why has the MX version not been updated like the RGB version?
                2. Why are we still stuck having to go thru .net 3.5?
                3. Has anyone tried using the newer RGB software with the MX version?

My keyboard is brand new and my expectation as a consumer is that I should have a fully working product, and without the software working I cannot do the intricate macros I was doing before (without time delays, etc).

I really hope and expect this to be resolved soon as I love the product but feel cheated as a consumer at this time. Please restore my faith in your product. Thanks!

Comment

I would like to hear back from a G Skill Technician if there has been any progress on the above software issue we are all reporting and when this will be addressed. Not happy about this situation as I was sold an incomplete product. If I do not hear back within 24 hours I will be elevating this issue once again. Tnx

Comment

Is this fixed??? I'm just going to return my keyboard. Support is horrible and the software is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by AnDr3w View Post
                      Is this fixed??? I'm just going to return my keyboard. Support is horrible and the software is broken.
                      As of last night, my issue was not resolved and I have already downloaded the latest update for Windows 10 (and I think it mentioned something about updated .net 3.5 support IIRC).

I'm with you Andrew...if we don't hear back soon, I'm going to call support and impress upon G Skill this is not acceptable....we have been sold a product with no software support and/or no response or 'fix' stated by G Skill. So, I was sold an incomplete product 2 months ago and I consider this a breach of contract by G Skill. Fix it or I want my money back...RMA is not an option as it will not fix the software problem!

Now if G Skill posts back or contacts me via IM and confirms there is 1) a fix being worked on and a 2) anticipated date of completion, I can deal with that if in a reasonable amount of time.

But if no response or if I get a run around with support, I will definitely be elevating this issue with other contacts I have a G Skill.

This is sad because I really like this keyboard and I have already tried all of the suggested solutions in this forum with zero results.

I hope G Skill steps up and deals with this.
                      Last edited by Qbert55; 12-11-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

New version was released, try it out guys.

Comment

Works for me
                          Under Windows 10 1809.
                          software launches as expected now.

Comment

Do you have a link? I can't find on the website...

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post

Do you have a link? I can't find on the website...
                              http://www.gskill.com/en/download/vi...aming-keyboard

Comment

Working...
                              X