Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB keystroke repeating multiple times

Hi,

I have the Ripjaw KM780 RGB, and I am having an issue I have seen reported many times since buying this pos and having the same issues. I don't know ff it's a design flaw, firmware issue, or production quality, but this thing is almost 100% unusable! A single keystroke can result in anywhere from 1 character to more than half a dozen!

I have cleaned it, manually reset and reverted the drivers, I went to a local PC store and tried a few of this model keyboards, they keep them in the back under glass so u can see the pretty colors but not how bad it is to actually use. They recommended I go with a different keyboard, but with how much this one cost I'm stuck waiting until someone figures out how to solve this problem. It sucks I had to buy a used cheap dell standard keyboard so I could get anything done other than light up my room at night.

I expected a lot more from gskill, I love your RAM, but that's now about it. Please let me know if I can return this to you for an RMA refund. Thank you

Matt

FFffirmware Version 76
    Soffftware Version 2.03

Comment

Hi Matt

Sorry to hear you are having that problem. If the keyboard is within 2 years of purchase from an authorized retailer, feel free to send it in for RMA exchange and a replacement should work much better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

I have the same problem except that it only repeats once. In other words, it types "ee" instead of "e". But the problem comes and goes every few hours. Turning the power off helps a lot and it usually doesn't start happening till hours after the power is turned on. Sometimes it will stop happening and work fine for hours, then start happening again. When it happens, it often gets bad enough that every other "e" is "ee". It happens on some other keys but not nearly as much. But since the cost of shipping is about $15 to $25, and it's likely to have to be shipped several times to get it fixed, because the first time they're likely to say it seems to work fine, it will probably cost so much in repeated shipping to get warranty repair, that it's probably cheaper just to throw it out, because I already replaced it with a different brand of keyboard.

My questions about it, posted here, weren't answered. But what I would most like to know is how easily I could replace the switches to fix it, so I could replace whatever switch had the problem, every time it started happening. And where to buy the switches, and how much they cost. Because being able to replace the switches might make it possible to salvage the keyboard economically.

Comment

Working...
        X