KM780 RGB Light Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB Light Issue

So I don't know what happened. For a very long time I have been using this keyboard and all has gone well. I think I bought it 2-3 months after it came out.

My baby brother had touched the keyboard while my PC was off (my pc supplies a small amount of voltage when off, so I can charge stuff when I need to). After he touched it, the RGB lights went on and I wasn't home at the time, so I didn't know how long it was on for. Long story short, when I came back all the LED's were flashing and everything, I was like ok this is cool, I can just turn my pc on and it'll go back to normal. The sad part is it didn't go back to normal

What happened was some RGB's didn't represent the colors that were on screen. For example, I have the cycle effect on and the color was blue keys “KL<JUHYT (etc…)” were the color pink, yellow, green (all different colors). So then I thought to myself, oh the LED's must've died right? Well, no. The day before every single key was working and so what I did was I went and looked at the forums to do a full factory reset on the keyboards firmware. I was hoping it would be fixed but then after the downgrade/update the keys are still not displaying their correct colors at all. Now, the keyboard handles only red and orange colors except for the '>' key that flashes green for like 30 cycles then stops flashing and just turns off completely (until I restart my pc or keyboard).

So I thought ok, I'll just have the colors on red/orange all the time. Then I turned my pc off.... Some of the LED'S don't turn off at ALL and I mean that literally. Even when I tick disable brightness, a few LED’s are on (just a tad bit but enough to drive you crazy at night time). So then I thought, what if the keyboard controller somehow got corrupt? I'm not sure what it's called but basically I think the firmware that handles RGB is broken and it is somehow hardcoded into the keyboard. After trying to reset the firmware once using the paper clip method, nothing really changed.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do? Cause atm I gotta kill the power when I turn my pc off because I cannot disable the 'always on' feature as it screwed my MOBO up somehow (doesn't seem to want to post) lol.... So I just CMOS reset and never touched it again.

I can provide a video/picture of what I'm talking about if you need. I really don't want to buy another keyboard as I'm dead poor.... My phone broke not so long ago, I replaced it. Then suddenly last month my monitor broke, so I had to replace it. Now my keyboard is somehow all over the place cause of low voltage being provided to it?? I have no idea what caused this, but I can assure you I have done nothing to the keyboard at all. For a very long time I've been using this keyboard and not once has this happened. I don't know how having LED's on when the PC wasn't on broke the whole thing...

Long story short: Some LED's don't work while most of them do not represent the actual color for what it should be e.g the color blue is pink, green, orange for some keys (instead of being blue).

The LED's also do not turn off when I turn the brightness off as well.

Kind Regards,
    Lol0

i have a very similar problem... the light of some of the keys doesnt show the right color, and when i turn all the lights off some of the keys stay iluminated.

and the other problem i have is that when i enter a game my keyboard change its language to english (my layout is in spanish) and the only way to getting it back to spanish is by restarting the pc.

both problems are very anoying

Comment

Yep.

Comment

There is no fix. I tried everything.
        Decide to RMA/Warranty repair? Don't bother. This is my 4th replacement and all of them have exactly the same issue.
        1st one occurs 8 months later. 2nd appears only in the first month. 3rd appeared 3 months later. and the last one, occurred 5 months later.
        each keyboard got that issue in different keys location, and different intensity. It is probably an issue in RGB controller, or a passive component connected to that certain array of LEDs.
        my forth one just got another batch of keys that have that issue just recently.

They're not updating their software anymore. Now I regret buying this ****.

Comment

Working...
        X