Import/Export Profile confusion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import/Export Profile confusion...

When I export a profile on the main profile page, it saves it as a .profile which I can then re-import as needed, but when I export all profile and settings there is no .profile which can be re-imported, only .xml files in the profile folder which I know can be used separately in the mode section... so I guess my question is, why is this?? Shouldn't you be able to re-import everything at once or am I just
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KM780profile.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	129221 Click image for larger version

Name:	KM780Export.PNG
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	129222 Click image for larger version

Name:	KM780exportall.PNG
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	129223 Click image for larger version

Name:	KM780xml.PNG
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	129224

since the first release of this keyboard i have never been able to properly export & re-import profiles. every time i've tried the import functions it results in black keys and generic lighting profiles regardless of using saved .profile or .xml files.
    g.skill states that copying the entire 'AppData\Roaming\G.Skill' folder and pasting it over the existing files will also serve as a backup function but it also does not work.
    MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

If there was something that changed between firmware versions during the upgrade, pasting the files into the "AppData\Roaming\G.Skill" folder might not work, since the newer firmware might need an updated format. But more recent upgrades don't have this issue, since the export file formats hasn't needed updates. In general, if the firmware version hasn't changed, then the export/import files would be compatible. If it's too early of a version, then it's likely not compatible.

Also, upon updating, some lighting (esp the background lighting, if you've got the ripple+background setting on) might be disabled, but it's still there. You just need to go to the "Lighting" tab and enable background lighting again.

Comment

Thank you for your reply to GObonzo's comment, but unfortunately that does not answer my question, or is my question unclear?

Comment

Sorry about that. The current software version does not output a *.profile file when exporting when choosing to "Export All". Our keyboard team is currently aware of this situation and this will be changed in a future update, where export all would output a *.profile file.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate it...

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
              ...Also, upon updating, some lighting (esp the background lighting, if you've got the ripple+background setting on) might be disabled, but it's still there. You just need to go to the "Lighting" tab and enable background lighting again.
              then there is a problem with this particular board's import or export functions.
              my customized lighting profiles, like Breathing set to all black for my "sleep" setting, do not import. they are all reset to default when importing.
              also my exported Modes using 'Background Lighting \ Single' with custom RGB keys always resets to all black keys when trying to import.
              MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

We'll have our keyboard team verify that import/export for sleep and sleep lighting for the KM780 RGB. Will update when we hear back.

Comment

Our keyboard team has tried your keyboard with both 0.107/60 and 0.105/57 software/firmware versions. Both profile and mode export and import functions are in working order. Could you send in the exported files that have failed import to techsupport@gskill.com? Please do include the software and firmware version you're currently using to import. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X