km780r Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• km780r Issues

So I recently purchased the KM780R through Amazon and I had two questions.

First off, I just want to say I have updated to the latest firmware and software.

1. I have noticed whenever I use lighter colors such as white, yellow, light blue/green, the red LED seems to shine around the edges of the key caps. The etching of the key itself will be the correct color however around the edges of the key cap itself there will be a red glow coming from the led. Basically, it ruins any color scheme I am trying to do that involves any light colors. I just wanted to know if this is a software bug that is planned to be fixed or if it is a hardware limitation. I have owned 3 other RGB per key mechanical keyboards (Razer Chroma, Corsair K70, Azio RGB) and none of them have this issue.

This is the most annoying thing for me. If it is something that can't be fixed (Meaning it is simply a fault in the hardware. I don't expect Gskill would allow you to send it in for free to be fixed or trade it in for a newer model) or it is simply a software bug and won't be fixed for a long period of time. I honestly will just have to return it to Amazon and purchase a different keyboard. This keyboard is great in many ways, however the main purpose of this board is to be a true rgb keyboard. If there is a red LED shining throughout each key...it ruins any color scheme I could hope to make.

2. There seems to be a problem with how the software saves profiles. I have 4 profiles right now (3 modes each profile) and when I switch between them they seem to bug out and forget which modes I have linked to each profile. Essentially, when I switch between profiles I will have to reassign the modes to them every time. I have saved them many times however every time I enter the software it seems to forget which ones I have assigned to them, as if it never actually saved anything at all. It also seems to throw in modes I made on separate profiles. This bug is annoying to deal with, however I consider the first issue to be a higher priority for me.

Thank you for reading. Please respond as soon as convenient.

1. From what we've tried, this is more of a hardware limitation, where the red LED is in a specific location that may be more noticiable from certain viewing angles. This type of issue is present in quite a few RGB keyboard models on the market today, where some may have more noticable green or blue light bleeds.

Thank you for your honest feedback, and we'll let our keyboard team know about your feedback. This will help us improve our keyboard in future releases and models.

2. This does seem like a software bug/issue. Which software and firmware version are you using? We're asking this to double check that the firmware has indeed been updated to match the software version number.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, The light bleed issue is something that really bothers me. So I will be returning the keyboard and buying from a different manufacturer. That being said you won't really have to help me with any issues regarding the keyboard. Perhaps this could help with future models or help with any patches/updates for other members of this forum.

Firmware version: 60
      Software version: 0.106

Comment

Thank you. Our keyboard team has confirmed that this issue will be improved in future releases and models.

We hope that you'll continue to check out our new products in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X