Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got KM780 Replacement, and it's not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got KM780 Replacement, and it's not good.

Info about the issue of my first KM780 is in here
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14035
    seller said the replacement are from the local G.skill distributor (Philippines)

It was in very good condition, well maintained, and I even clean it before shipping.
    Now, I send it back for the warranty and it qualified for a replacement.
    When I got the replacement Item, I expect it to be brand new, fresh from factory. (this is my first time having a replacement of something from the warranty )

The box was new, and the keyboard too. but the wrist rest and extra keys look familiar. they were actually mine from the first one, but I'm fine with that even they broke a plastic lock for the extra keys compartment.
    Then going to inspect the keyboard, found tiny dead spider corpse inside. not just one, but didn't count. But it's ok, the keyboard looks new. I don't see anything that resembles my the 1st one. And then I saw that one screw have rust. I checked the other screws, top and bottom. Screws that are exposed (screws that you can see at the sides) looked old. two already have rust. some of them have rust starting to build up.

USB's and jacks looked it was exposed to open air for more than a year. both male and female (from the passthru)
    I mean, I have taken really good care of my 1st KM 780. I always put cover on unused port, degreasing them frequently, I even clean the keys one by one, then they gave me this disgusting replacement.
    I'm not really an OCD or neat freak person, but I am serious of taking care of my stuff. especially expensive and PC stuff.

What can I do? I've already spent $20 for shipping this thing already. (It's not available in local stores)
    Attached Files

We're very sorry about that. Can you let us know your RMA number (if you got the RMA directly from G.SKILL)? We'll see if we can find out if there's a mixup.

You mentioned a seller, can you send the name of the seller or the distributor to rma@gskill.com? We'll see if we can find anything.
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM. Reason: Additional info request about resellers.

Comment

I got my third replacement.

Comment

Sorry about that. We missed this post while answering the other one. Please email us the name of the distributor you contacted for the replacement (to techsupport@gskill.com). We'll check to see if there's anything we can help with so you get a good unit.

Comment

Working...
        X