Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM780 MX not updating and Software not running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 MX not updating and Software not running.

I am running the KM780 MX on a Windows 10 desktop. This was a first time install for me though using the SW 0.89 FW 28 download. The keyboard seems to be functioning fine. All the keys I have hit work, things like the volume dial and light brightness work.

Here's what happened: The program seemed to install and was updating my keyboard's firmware it was about 90% when the message came up that the update failed. After that the app would not run.

I uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled. It did not try to update the Keyboard at all this time. The app again would not run. I repeated the process I just described a couple times to no avail. I removed all G.Skill, gskill and Ripjaw references from the registry - still nothing after going through the process. The App appears to install just fine. The firmware file appears to have a very old date when I access it using the button hole under the leg - the firmware.bin has a date of 1-23-2008 (unless that is just by design).

If I run the FWUpdate.exe it asks for the KB to be plugged in - it is. I tried the HB_HW_Reset.exe and it seemed to work. Still nothing.

The keyboard is brand new - I have had it for a couple months but have not installed it until now. Any ideas?

To add - App.exe is running when I look at processes. I checked .Net also.

Comment

Have you tried a downgrade to factory FW form then reinstall and reupdate to see if that can work? If still the same problem, feel free to send it in for RMA exchange to see if a new keyboard works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Not sure how you would do a downgrade? The initial software install failed to update the keyboard. The software itself seems to be the problem - it doesn't want to run at all.

The only AV running on they system presently is windows 10 built in Windows Defender.

Comment

Working...
        X