Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB lights constantly freezing/stop functioning

Hello,

I've had my keyboard for about 2 days and ever since the first few hours of using it all the lights have been frequently freezing and stop functioning.

For example, if I have rainbow wave running, it will freeze and all the lights will stop moving, and often the volume meter will have a few bars in between others turn off. It can stay frozen for a few minutes up to hours. When frozen, I can only turn off the lights via the software by clicking disable lighting or saving a profile, but then they will not turn on again until the keyboard "unfreezes" itself. All the LEDs will be completely stuck (except num/scroll/caps lock indicators), so the brightness button does not do anything even though the software will show the brightness change when pressing it, mode switching does not change the LEDs, and the volume LED will not move either. The keys function, but the LEDs will not react at all. This freeze happens on all background/effect lighting. I've tried reinstalling the software once which seemed to have solved the issue for a short while, but after a maybe 2 hours it began to freeze again. I've also reset to default settings via software which did not help.

It seems to have gotten progressively worse, longer and more frequent freezes. As of right now, the keyboard has been frozen on a red background I set since last night. It doesn't look like it will unfreeze itself. It's been an unfortunate experience

Technical info:
    SW: .104 FW: 57
    KM780 RGB, NA English
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    I have tried plugging into both USB 2.0 and 3.0 everywhere on my PC, no difference
    Biostar TZ68A+ mobo
    Last edited by rgbNoodle; 08-04-2016, 11:14 PM.

Hi. It might be a bad firmware flash. We'd recommend you try reflashing the firmware (downgrade to factory default, then upgrade to FW57 again).

Please see the instructions in this thread to reflash the firmware for the KM780 RGB keyboard:
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13957

Comment

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I followed the steps in that post, and the keyboard lit up with the default wave (red/green/blue). However as soon as I opened the software, the lights turned off and wouldn't come back on. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and after a few minutes the board lit up and worked with the software for about 2-3 hours before it began to freeze again.

Comment

Working...
      X