Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App will not load after upgrade

Hi there,
    Ever since I installed the SW 0.104 and FW 57, I have not been able to start up the app to configure the keyboard.
    Before this, everything worked great for a long time.
    The keyboard is a KM780R RGB plugged in via usb2 to my windows 8 laptop with the US layout.
    The keyboard itself works fine, all the buttons and everything, but the software on the computer will not load, it just hangs in the task manager. This is after a restart and after killing and re-starting the app.

I also reset my firmware like this, and then upgraded again, but the same result as before.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lordgreggreg; 07-29-2016, 05:16 AM.

Hello,

Apologize for the late response. We've been trying to confirming this issue with our keyboard team.

Please check the following two locations for extra folders. In our test systems, folders from older software versions may prevent the opening of the software.

C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL
    C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\G_SKILL

Where %UserName% is your Windows login user name.

Under these two locations, it should have folders named “G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX” (for KM780 MX keyboard) and “G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780” (for MX780 mouse). If it has folder names like “RIPJAWS MX780” or “RIPJAWS KM780 MX”, then please delete these folders, and then go to Task Manager, End Task “App.exe”, and open the application again. The folder names without “G.SKILL” at the beginning are folders created by older software versions. Please make sure these are deleted, then reinstall the new software if necessary.

Kindly let us know if this resolves the issue. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.
      I uninstalled the program, uninstalled the driver, deleted all the folders (there were no ripjaws folders, but I did delete all of the folders just for good measure), re-plugged in the keyboard, and then installed the program again, with the same result as before.

I have also tried moving the keyboard to a few other usb ports, with no positive result, as well as running the app and the installation as administrator. When i moved the keyboard to a different computer however, I was able to get the software to run without issue. (And I appreciate the latest improvements, thank you)

If you have any other advice it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

At the moment, we're all out of ideas, but our team will continue to run through possibilities, and will continue to follow this thread if we've got something. Since you've got it running on another computer without issues, it does seem like something on your original system that is causing this issue. We just have yet to find out what.

Comment

Working...
        X