• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 : Key Chatter?

SW:0.85 FW:46
    After Software upgrade
    KM780
    USB3/2 tried both
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA (LGA1155)
    Webroot
    Ripjaw RGB Mouse

issue with key "Chatter" the following keys keep doubling

S Key
    G Key

also the arrow keys seemed "delayed" when you press them.

i've tried resetting / reinstalling software

please advise/assist

Do try the following first, to make sure the setup has no issues:
    1. Update software to 0.87 and see if this resolves your arrow key issue (does this only happen after updating to 0.85? and for which applications, if not all?)
    2. Make sure a USB 2.0 port to the motherboard is used.
    3. Make sure the motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version.

Regarding the key chattering, please try cleaning the affected key with rubbing alcohol. After unplugging the keyboard and removing the keycap, a drop or two (or a spray or two with a mini spray bottle) into the key switch, then press rapidly for a few minutes in varying speeds. After drying, reconnect the keyboard and check if chattering issue is resolved. If it has been reduced, then repeat the cleaning process. If it has stayed the same and is affected at least 4-5 keys, please feel free to request an RMA with us.

Sometimes, reducing the polling rate temporarily to 125 or 250Hz (remember to Save to Device Memory) would help.

Comment

ironically i've got support from here faster than email!

attached is a image showing my frustration
      i took the letter cc <-- ironic just did it
      when i push the key in it works or doesn't work or works double " this happens on a lot of keys now " it's getting worse by the min ..

i've also tried all those solutions already.
      please resolve this issue

thanks in advance
      Jay Lamphere
      IBM Hardware Support

Comment

We just happened to respond here earlier today than our email team. Our email team should respond within the next few hours, since they sometimes receive much more complex issues.

If you've tried cleaning with rubbing alcohol already and tried lowering the polling rate, and the issue continues, we'll let our email team know, and provide instructions for RMA replacement.

Please do note that key switches in these mechanical keyboards may have these chattering issues more easily if the environment is also dusty or smokey. These environments should be avoided when possible.

Kindly await for our email team's reply. Thank you.

Comment

troublesum , i use this keyboard 10+ hours a day and just replaced one of 4 years .. will not mention no names.. and before the 90 days this one doesn't work as planned..

Comment

Working...
          X