Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill KM 780 MX Hardware or Software issue

Hi, first of all apologize for my English and the translation of google

Recently I bought this keyboard, and I´m having these problem. When I power on my pc sometimes the keyboard doesn't work and sometimes also is unable to boot pc while keyboard is pluged to motherboard.

I don´t know if this happens by hardware or software failure

When that happens, the keyboard show this (images):

Last edited by Arkaikus; 01-26-2016, 02:22 PM.
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Adavance || Asus Maximus VII Ranger || Intel Core i7 4790k + Corsair H80i || G.skill DDR3-2400 CL10 (2x4Gb) || Sapphire VaporX HD 7970 GHz + Benq GW2460 || Corsair K70 MX - Brown || Logitech MX 518 || SSD Samsung EVO 120 Gb || XFX PRO 850W

El software solo controla la iluminación y macros del teclado. Se puede poner el teclado como uno normal sin tener el software instalado y funcionaría perfectamente.

Prueba a desactivar el n-roll (cambiar de posición el interruptor que hay en la parte de atrás, por la zona de las teclas multimedia) y poner 6-key. Sería pasar de G a S.

De todas maneras eso q pones parece un fallo de harware.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitos View Post
      El software solo controla la iluminación y macros del teclado. Se puede poner el teclado como uno normal sin tener el software instalado y funcionaría perfectamente.

Prueba a desactivar el n-roll (cambiar de posición el interruptor que hay en la parte de atrás, por la zona de las teclas multimedia) y poner 6-key. Sería pasar de G a S.

De todas maneras eso q pones parece un fallo de harware.
      Hola, gracias por contestar con tanta brevedad. Por software me queria referir al firmware del teclado que igual tiene algun error... pero supongo que seria generalizado a todos los demas. Lo de modo G y modo S, ya lo he probado y sigue fallando. No es un error continuo, si no que es aleatorio. Me ha pasado dos veces y no se recupera hasta que desconecto el teclado del pc y lo vuelvo a conectar.

Si sigue fallando me pondre en contacto con la tienda para que me den una solución

Gracias por tu atención. Un saludo
      Cooler Master HAF 932 Adavance || Asus Maximus VII Ranger || Intel Core i7 4790k + Corsair H80i || G.skill DDR3-2400 CL10 (2x4Gb) || Sapphire VaporX HD 7970 GHz + Benq GW2460 || Corsair K70 MX - Brown || Logitech MX 518 || SSD Samsung EVO 120 Gb || XFX PRO 850W

Comment

Seguimos igual

He solicitado RMA a la tienda, me ha enviado otro teclado y sigue fallando de lo mismo, creo que el problema reside en el firmware del teclado.

Comment

I have problems with my kewboard... when I try to change led effects the keyboard crashes... I think there is a problem with the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkaikus View Post
            I have problems with my kewboard... when I try to change led effects the keyboard crashes... I think there is a problem with the firmware.
            Hi Arkaikus,

We need more information to see what the problem might be.
            1) Software (SW) version and firmware (FW) version
            2) Did this issue occur on a new software installation or software update?
            3) What's the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.)
            4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.)
            5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.)
            6) Your motherboard model number
            7) Any antivirus/anti-malware software programs you have installed
            8) Any other keyboard/mouse/similar device software you have installed

In relation to your issue, at which point does it crash?
            A) Open software
            B) Change/Edit lighting in software
            C) Click "Save to device memory" to save and apply settings
            D) Close software
            For example, does it crash during step B or during C or after C?

For now, please go into the wrench icon, click on "Reset to Default Setting". Then close the application and uninstall all G.SKILL software. Then making sure that the "G.SKILL" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" is deleted. And then reboot, and install the latest keyboard software version.

Thank you.

Comment

For continuity's sake of your issue, your post has been moved from the keyboard software thread to your original thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                Hi Arkaikus,

We need more information to see what the problem might be.
                3) What's the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.)
                4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.)
                5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.)

In relation to your issue, at which point does it crash?
                A) Open software
                B) Change/Edit lighting in software
                C) Click "Save to device memory" to save and apply settings
                D) Close software
                For example, does it crash during step B or during C or after C?

For now, please go into the wrench icon, click on "Reset to Default Setting". Then close the application and uninstall all G.SKILL software. Then making sure that the "G.SKILL" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" is deleted. And then reboot, and install the latest keyboard software version.

Thank you.
                Software SW: 0.73; FW:23

Always when I manage the lighting or sometimes when system boot.

KM780MX with Spanish layout

Windows 10 Pro x64

USB 2.0 in motherboard back panel

Asus Maximus VII Ranger

Windows Defender

Logitech Software for Logitech MX518 optical mouse

At wich point does it crash?

Always Managing lighting effects (it crashes during B setting any effect and keystroke to test it if I do not keystroke not crash), sometimes when system boot, keyboard goes to sleep mode and when I restart using it.

when I unbox the keyboard and install the last sofware, the installer try to update keyboard FW version but when it start updating FW, before the end, the process fail... because the keyboard (unplug and plug automatically by software I suppose).

Thanks for attention.

Sorry for my bad English level. I do not speak english very well.

For continuity's sake of your issue, your post has been moved from the keyboard software thread to your original thread.

Thank you for understanding.
                Okay, no problem
                Last edited by Arkaikus; 01-26-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

The firmware update failure is most likely the cause of your problem.

Try to run the firmware update again by going to the following folder and executing "FWUpdate.exe" and let it run.
                  C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX\FWUpdate\FWUpdate.exe

Don't move, disconnect, or reconnect the USB! Interruptions might mess up the firmware update.

Please let us know if it completes saying you have the latest version or if it produces an error. We'll see if you need an RMA replacement.

Thank you!

Comment

The firmware update failure is most likely the cause of your problem.

Try to run the firmware update again by going to the following folder and executing "FWUpdate.exe" and let it run.
                    C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX\FWUpdate\FWUpdate.exe

Don't move, disconnect, or reconnect the USB! Interruptions might mess up the firmware update.

Please let us know if it completes saying you have the latest version or if it produces an error. We'll see if you need an RMA replacement.

Thank you!
                    I have tried what you say, executing FWUpdate.exe with admin rights but it doesn't nothing...

Thank's for help
                    Last edited by Arkaikus; 01-27-2016, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I've send back the keyboard to the shop

thank's

Comment

It's purely a problem at the program level, send back to the store is very stupid.
                        G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB. drivers/firmware latest V0.87. OS win10 th2 uac full disable("EnableLUA"=dword:00000000), MB: MSI Z170a Gaming M7.
                        I had a similar problem, the keyboard is not working after starting the operating system, and half working lights!
                        Should remove the driver and turn off keyboard with the USB port. keyboard begins to work correctly! I install a driver and is not working again)))
                        In short, in my case the problem was in technologies motherboard "HOTKEY" I turned off "HOTKEY" and my keyboard started to work perfectly!
                        But the fact that the other keyboards are no compatibility issues "HOTKEY". eventually someone blame for compatibility MSI or G.Skill???))))
                        Last edited by jjxaker; 05-07-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjxaker View Post
                          G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB. drivers/firmware latest V0.87. OS win10 th2 uac full disable("EnableLUA"=dword:00000000), MB: MSI Z170a Gaming M7.
                          I had a similar problem, the keyboard is not working after starting the operating system, and half working lights!
                          Should remove the driver and turn off keyboard with the USB port. keyboard begins to work correctly! I install a driver and is not working again)))
                          In short, in my case the problem was in technologies motherboard "HOTKEY" I turned off "HOTKEY" and my keyboard started to work perfectly!
                          But the fact that the other keyboards are no compatibility issues "HOTKEY". eventually someone blame for compatibility MSI or G.Skill???))))
                          What motherboard do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkaikus View Post
                            What motherboard do you have?
                            Do not you see? MSI Z170a Gaming M7
                            Last edited by jjxaker; 05-07-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I'm having the Same Problem! I have SW ver. 27 .85 I'm happy I'm not the only one! (Kinda...)

I have a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 MB (if that matters).
                              Last edited by Hypnos; 06-11-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X