Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control closes when launching game

Hi everyone,

I own 2 8GB sticks of the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200.
    The G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software seems to be working fine most of the time but each time I launch Rainbow 6 Siege, the light profile reverts to the default rainbow (also off sync) and the lighting control software closes on its own. Its strange because it only happens when opening this particular game.

Any thoughts? Recommendations to prevent this from happening?

Cheers

My launches but doesn't even control anything on my ram. It seems v1.00.08 8-14-2019 is still the latest and that is no good for me.

Comment

I just want to add that this is still happening (though in my case my memory sticks keep their static setting) and from what I can tell it's any time I start a game from Ubisoft (Breakpoint, The Crew 2, etc). My only guess is whatever anti-cheat they use is closing the program silently. They aren't using EAC on those games, but anything with EAC won't run until I close the software myself manually.

Comment

The G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software needs access to the memory in order to control the lighting on the memory. Unfortunately, it seems like some anti-cheat services have been shutting down the software to do its anti-cheat job, and reaching out to the anti-cheat services hasn't helped. This issue may not bound to specific game publishers, but bound to the anti-cheat services, so if different game publishers use the same anti-cheat service, then those different games would be affected.

At the moment, if your game has an anti-cheat that shuts down the Trident Z Lighting Control, the only way to get back the lighting control is to open up the software again, after you've quit the game.

Comment

Working...
        X