Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGB control worked once, but never again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB control worked once, but never again...

I have a tridentZ RGB kit and a Z390 Gigabyte Aorus motherboard.

At one point I had the gskill software working and I could control the DIMMs, now I can't get it to work at all (says not detected). It randomly stopped working, and although I do have the RGB fusion software installed, removing it has not resolved the issue (nor has removing teh gskill software and reinstalling from an UNBLOCKED zip file).

I've tried manual removal and cleaning out the directories but nothing works. Even RGB fusion does not detect the memory (it did once but never again).

If I power off my system for awhile it resets to rainbow but once I boot it seems like RGB Fusion takes control and the DIMMs are all orange (and won't change colours with the other lights conected to RGB Fusion).

At this point I would even settle for just having the DIMMs do rainbow and I can control everything else via RGB fusion... but nothing seems to work.

What isn't getting cleaned out that is causing it to conflict? My mobo firmware is fully up to date.

I would gladly pay for a piece of software that actually worked as the one thing I've learned about RGB products is they are a complete mess with no consistency. They all seem to suck - Asus, RGBFusion, Gskill. They all conflict, and even when they don't conflict they seem to be really hit or miss.

I read issues with this stuff all over the internet and it seems most people just give up. How is this stuff that complicated really? It's coloured lighting ffs...

Originally posted by Syranetic View Post
    I have a tridentZ RGB kit and a Z390 Gigabyte Aorus motherboard.

At one point I had the gskill software working and I could control the DIMMs, now I can't get it to work at all (says not detected). It randomly stopped working, and although I do have the RGB fusion software installed, removing it has not resolved the issue (nor has removing teh gskill software and reinstalling from an UNBLOCKED zip file).

I've tried manual removal and cleaning out the directories but nothing works. Even RGB fusion does not detect the memory (it did once but never again).

If I power off my system for awhile it resets to rainbow but once I boot it seems like RGB Fusion takes control and the DIMMs are all orange (and won't change colours with the other lights conected to RGB Fusion).

At this point I would even settle for just having the DIMMs do rainbow and I can control everything else via RGB fusion... but nothing seems to work.

What isn't getting cleaned out that is causing it to conflict? My mobo firmware is fully up to date.

I would gladly pay for a piece of software that actually worked as the one thing I've learned about RGB products is they are a complete mess with no consistency. They all seem to suck - Asus, RGBFusion, Gskill. They all conflict, and even when they don't conflict they seem to be really hit or miss.

I read issues with this stuff all over the internet and it seems most people just give up. How is this stuff that complicated really? It's coloured lighting ffs...
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-and-reinstall

Comment

Working...
    X