Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Prime x470-PRO, who is lying?

Hello,

I recently (1.5 weeks ago) made a new build.
    Uppon seeing the prices of Intel, I decided to build myself an AMD (2700x) system.

However, I've now got the issue where my ram can't be overclocked at all (not even with D.O.C.P.). Any change of default settings results in issues, from bluescreens, to one module being inaccessible to not booting through bios.
    So I went online to see what the issue was an apparently my memory modules are Hynix and not B-Die.
    While I bought the memory on the recommendation of the QVL for Ryzen second gen of the motherboard.
    But on your own page, it lists different memory.

As you can see, the motherboard lists F4-3200C16D-16GTZR as ram that works on 3200 with this motherboard: https://i.imgur.com/RTqvxzR.png
    However, your own page lists F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX as memory that should work.

So who is lying? ASUS or G.Skill?
    Because now I'm stuck with expensive memory that cannot be overclocked, with returning and being out of commission not being an option.
    So I would like to know who I can blame for this, because as you can understand, I'm not happy at all about this.
    Last edited by sausje; 10-18-2018, 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks for the reply. I've returned the ram and got another brand.

Such bad support shouldn't be rewarded, I'm also not going to recommend you to any of my clients in the future.

Comment

Working...
    X