TridentZ RGB lights don't stay in sync / are off-sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ RGB lights don't stay in sync / are off-sync

I just built my first PC and really loving the TridentZ RGB RAM sticks I purchased, but for some reason one of the modules RGB lights move a tiny bit "faster" than the other's.

My bios is updated and i have installed the latest TridentZ driver program thingy. Whenever I set an RGB effect the lights of both modules would freeze for a second then "restart" and be in sync for about 20 or so seconds, after that one of the module's lights slowly start going off-sync. It does that with every effect (including default), but for something like starry-night its a non-issue since sync doesn't matter.

I really love the default rainbow waves effect and my build looks incredible when they are in sync for those 20 seconds but it looks really off when they aren't. I know from videos that they should stay in sync, so I'm really sad mine aren't.

Please help me, I can't find anything about this issue online but really want to have this fixed.

Send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
      That would be incredibly troublesome as I live in Slovenia and ordered from a foreign Amazon. God knows how long it would take for me to receive a replacement, and I can't be without a computer for so long

I hoped it would be somehow fixable through my end but I guess I'll just have to live with it or use a static color since they are completely functional. Though it's ironic how my first PC build represents me by having imperfections.

Still better that lights are off-sync than any part not working I guess.

Comment

I have the same issue and even the new TridentZ RGB software is not fixing this!

Comment

Originally posted by Gild View Post
          I just built my first PC and really loving the TridentZ RGB RAM sticks I purchased, but for some reason one of the modules RGB lights move a tiny bit "faster" than the other's.

My bios is updated and i have installed the latest TridentZ driver program thingy. Whenever I set an RGB effect the lights of both modules would freeze for a second then "restart" and be in sync for about 20 or so seconds, after that one of the module's lights slowly start going off-sync. It does that with every effect (including default), but for something like starry-night its a non-issue since sync doesn't matter.

I really love the default rainbow waves effect and my build looks incredible when they are in sync for those 20 seconds but it looks really off when they aren't. I know from videos that they should stay in sync, so I'm really sad mine aren't.

Please help me, I can't find anything about this issue online but really want to have this fixed.
          That's not an RMA problem, my pair of Trident Z RGB have the same problem, even I watched some videos of people who tested the new Trident Z RGB Royal RAMs and had the same problem. G.Skill should fix the Rainbow effect operation, or add an extra option where we can set a lightning synchrony, all the sticks with the same lightning speed or whatever, just fix that please, G.Skill

PD: The music effect called Sleep had the same sync problem

-

Update: I uploaded a short video showing the issues and comparisons between effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5LW6Iqxs4
          Last edited by Sweren; 12-10-2018, 02:35 PM. Reason: Video added

Comment

Will G.SKILL ever resolve this issue? I gave almost 900 Euro for my RAM and I just want the feature that makes the TridentZ RGB special to work properly!
            Is this so much to ask for, G.SKILL?

Comment

I am having the same issue with the software version 1.00.08. Really frustrating trying to fix it when nothing seems to work. I contacted GSkill for support and he basically told me to RMA it, which is ridiculous as the ram works fine and its such an inconvenience to RMA it. Please fix this.

Comment

Working...
              X