Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current status on Trident Z's problem with SPD corruption

Hello G-Skill Forum,

I'm building my new computer and have already ordered all its parts. Summarizing the most relevant for my question:

- i7-8700k
    - Rog Strix Z370-F
    - 16 GB G-Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
    - And a lot of Corsair's RGB products or products that have some kind of control... five RGB fans, Watercooler H100i Pro, a PSU HX750i and a Commander Pro. So, I'm really into lightning my PC with Corsair's material.

My question is: what is the current status of the known problem concerning the Trident Z related to SPD corruption?

I'm really confused now. It seems the issue happen when trying to change the RGB lightning of the TridentZ using Aura or the G-Skill Software. But some people said that any problem that access the SPD of the memories could cause the problem (citation needed).

I accept making a trade-off and NOT touching the RGB lights of the memory (as I like the standard rainbow effect) and NOT installing the AURA software.
    But I cannot relinquish on the Corsair Link or the usual softwares to monitor the system (CPU-Z, HWiNFO64 etc.).

So, will I be good?

Or should I maybe send this memory sticks back?

Thanks in advance!
    Yours faithfully,
    Leo

There is no problem. You can use ASUS Aura RGB software to configure lighting settings

Comment

Working...
    X