X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F4-4133C19Q-32GTZRF Unable to Boot when XMP is on

Hi all:

I encountered a very bad issue with my new built PC,

I was hoping to enjoy some gaming after I assemabled my PC but it refuse to POST after I entered BIOS and turn on XMP,

My PC is not able to POST with anything pass 3859Mhz (Dram Freq).

Please kindly help if you encounter similar issue or know what's wrong with my hardware.

Spec of my PC:
    CPU - I9 7980XE
    RAM - G.Skill F4-4133C19Q-32GTZRF (Quad channel, installed in A1 B1 C1 D1 as per the manual)
    VGA - MSI 1080TI Gaming X
    MB - ASUS Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS - 1102 X64 (newest BIOS at this moment)
    Sound card - SB ZXR
    HDD - 5 SSD plus 1 NVME SSD
    PSU - Corsair AX1200i
    OS - Windows 10 Professional

What I tried so far:

1) Input everything by hand, Multi Core Enhancement & Intel Turbo Boost is On, DRAM Freq set to 4133 with DRAM Volt set to 1.35, my PC refuse to POST with error code B0 (detect memory)

2) Input everything by hand, Turned off Multi Core Enhancement, only Intel Turbo Boost is On, DRAM Freq set to 4133 with DRAM Volt set to 1.35, my PC refuse to POST with error code B0 (detect memory)

3) Input everything by hand, Turned off Multi Core Enhancement, only Intel Turbo Boost is On, DRAM Freq set to 4133 with DRAM Volt set to 1.40 & VCCIO, VCCSA set to 1.25v, my PC refuse to POST with error code B0 (detect memory)

4) Use the Auto settings in BIOS, DRAM Freq set to 4133, my PC refuse to POST with error code B0 (detect memory)

5) Try using the XMP profile that comes with the kit, my PC refuse to POST with error code B0 (detect memory)

6) Using XMP profile, but lower the DRAM Freq. to 3589 Mhz, able to enter windows, but I experience slow down from time to time, I guess that not very stable... (the slow down is like, you have a steady 60FPS in the game, but suddenly it feels like 30FPS but you can clearly see the FPS didn't drop, and it backs to normal after a few mintues)

What other settings in the BIOS can I try? Could it be I got a faulty kit? or a faulty CPU?

I can't believe I just can't simply turn on XMP with such hardware that I have.

Thanks for helping.
    Last edited by TheOne_Emperor; 02-27-2018, 07:56 PM.

Have you tested with XMP enabled, a reduced memory ratio and both settings for Maximus Tweak? Sometimes AUTO just does not work and either Mode 1 or Mode 2 yield better results for the memory training during POST.

Other than that the G.Skill F4-4133C19Q-32GTZRF seem to be a kit specifically for Coffee Lake-S and Z370, so i am not sure about compatbility with Skylake-X.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Have you tested with XMP enabled, a reduced memory ratio and both settings for Maximus Tweak? Sometimes AUTO just does not work and either Mode 1 or Mode 2 yield better results for the memory training during POST.

Other than that the G.Skill F4-4133C19Q-32GTZRF seem to be a kit specifically for Coffee Lake-S and Z370, so i am not sure about compatbility with Skylake-X.
      I wish I could try it, but after searching this
      Maximus Tweak for hours I can't seems to find it in my BIOS, it should be under the DRAM Timing right? but it was not there, I will try to look for it again and report back if I can finally locate this option.

Comment

No, you are right it should be in the DRAM timing section. If it is not there, then maybe it is not available on the Rampage VI Extreme. I thought all ROG models would have it and not only the Maximus series, but that was apparently wrong.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          No, you are right it should be in the DRAM timing section. If it is not there, then maybe it is not available on the Rampage VI Extreme. I thought all ROG models would have it and not only the Maximus series, but that was apparently wrong.
          Any other things I can try? am I out of luck? for example Core VID, VCCIO & VCCSA, and other settings?

By the way, any tools that I use to test if my ram kit and the MB is working just fine?

I only used the following tools to test my system so far:

1) Memtest, in order to test all avaliable memory I have to run 16 instances, 14 of them reached 270% coverage without any error, 2 of them reached 135% without any error, this test was ran with DRAM Freq 3856Mhz (1.4v). can I say the kit should be fine or any other tools that I can use to test it again?

2) Prime95 (first 2 tests were tested with XMP on but lower the DRAM Freq to 3856Mhz, DRAM Volt 1.4V), got a BSOD in my first run, 2nd run didn't result in BSOD but received error almost in half of the cores. (around 9 cores stop working after received the following error "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file
          Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings. Worker stopped." 3rd run was with XMP off, DRAM Freq set to auto, 2 cores encounter an error 15 mintues later. but I forgot to take a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
          X