Is the RGB software safe to use now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the RGB software safe to use now?

I just got a pair of these ram stick and I read that if I change the RGB effect for something that isn't the stock rainbow effect the SPD data would get corrupted on them.
    So the question is, with the current version of their software v1.00.28 will this still happen?
    I have a Ryzen 6 1600x with an MSI B350 Tomahawk Artic and my ram sticks are a 16GB kit ( 8GB each) and their latency is 16-18-18-38 at 1,35V

i would suggest you wait for new version, v 1.00.28 is totally bad. after updating to that, my rgb stopped working, i even formated my windows 10, still rgb not working. many people facing same issues since so long. if your ram is new, go n exchange it with corsair rams.

Comment

No problem with a supported motherboard. Conflict is only a possible if using two RGB lighting software at the same time, so if you only use one or the other, it will be fine.

Read the 'Important' information on the download page for details:

https://gskill.com/en/download/view/...-z-rgb-control

Comment

"Conflict is only a possible if using two RGB lighting software at the same time, so if you only use one or the other, it will be fine."

I'm sorry, but that is BS!
        I have tried this for months now and the software control is so bad, I doubt that I will ever trust this type of stuff again.
        I have tried with only RGB Fusion, only Aura and only G Skill's RGB control and they all cause the same issue, which tells me, that the RAM is the common denominator.
        It is definitely the most beautiful RAM sticks out there, but at the cost of not being able to run them with a decent lighting effect for more than 48 hours, drives me insane.

Comment

My configuration is as follows and I have no problem controlling both RGB fusion and G.Skill software, they work like a charm:

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming7 Bios F8

RGB Fusion ver B18.0104.1

G.Skill RGB Software ver. 1.00.28
          Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16-8GTZR x2

Comment

Working...
          X