RGB Stopped then started working again but out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Stopped then started working again but out of sync

I have the G. Skill Trident Z TGB F4-3000C16-8GTZR modules. They worked fine for like 2 days, at which point I noticed that the RGB lighting was off. I didn't see the exact moment they went off, but I had installed software that controls different RGB parts of my PC. Later I found out that this might have been the source of the problem initially.

The software I had installed when problems started:
    - NZXT Cam (for my NZXT Kraken X52 CPU Cooler)
    - MSI Mysticlight (MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon)

At first I was using Mysticlight to control the motherboard lighting and it turned out I could also control the RAM modules. When the RGB turned off, this software stopped doing anything for the RAM modules, but only affected the motherboard.

This is when I installed the G.Skill software. At first it didn't even detect the RAM modules. This is when I did the process listed in one of the stickies: Shut down, unplug for a couple of minutes, reboot. After two times, one of the modules lighted up. After another cycle of rebooting, I found out that Mysticlight was causing issues, so I turned everything off in the software and uninstalled. This led to the second module also lighting up again.

The only problem now is that the modules will pretty much never stay synced. Whenever I use color cycle/rainbow/etc. They started out synced perfectly, and then they slowly get out of sync. After 10-15 seconds there is a desync that can be seen if you look closely. After about 1-2 minutes the desync becomes really obvious.

I have since tried the reboot cycle several times, but this problem persists. Installing Mysticlight does nothing for the RAM modules. Turning it on or off doesn't do anything. It only affects my mobo.

I am not sure if it's CAM that is interfering possibly. Uninstalling that permanently is not really an option, since it allows me to manually control pump/fan speeds on my CPU cooler.

pls halp

Edit: I tried Mysticlight again, and it turns one module on at full brightness and the other one is pretty faint, but it's definitely on. I can control the lighting, but as I said, one of the modules is pretty dim.
    Last edited by zaheer12a; 12-05-2017, 08:57 PM.

What version is your BIOS and Trident Z RGB software?

Which slots do you have the memory installed in?

Need to reset modules to rainbow default, then re-apply any profile settings.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      What version is your BIOS and Trident Z RGB software?

Which slots do you have the memory installed in?

Need to reset modules to rainbow default, then re-apply any profile settings.
      BIOS: 7B45vA1
      Trident Z: 1.00.28

RAM is installed in the DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots(BIOS tells me this is the recommended setup if I use other slots; with CPU socket on the left side those are the second and fourth slots)

And yes I do reset to rainbow default, but the de-sync occurs even in that setting. It's always the same module that starts falling behind, I tried swapping the module around.

Comment

I think at this point it's safe to say support is pretty bad on this forum.

Comment

Working...
        X