Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Rainbow Wave go out of sync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the Rainbow Wave go out of sync?

I've seen Trident Z RGB sticks go out of sync while on the default "Rainbow Wave" animation, even when they start in sync. Why does that happen, if the animation is programmed by default into the sticks? What is meddling with the animation on some of the sticks and not others?

What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Which slots are you using?

Comment

I've seen it on a X399 AORUS Gaming 7 and a X370 AORUS Gaming K5. The X370 was on the most recent BIOS, not sure about the X399 BIOS. X370 used 2 and 4, X399 used (from left to right) 2,4,5,7.

Comment

Same for me, see my specs below...

And as for latest BIOS, Gigabyte doesn't give half a care about your RAM, they figure your hardware is for you to figure out, they have enough to worry about making their own hardware work, which they actually do.

Nice try though. Nice try.
        Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
        Intel i5 7600k
        Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
        4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
        1TB Samsung 960 EVO
        Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Hey guys,
          Same issue here on a AsRock X399 Taichi... They start i perfect sync and in ten secs it is a mess already. If I reset them them from the app, the same thing still happens...
          Latest BIOS...

Comment

Hello same issue on motherboard Asrock Z370 Taïchi Last BIOS 1.30 ..... Start in perfect sync and slowly but surely desyncronise

G.Skill Trident Z (OC) RGB DDR4 2x8Go PC4-33000 Fréquence 4133MHz XMP 2.0 Horaires 14-14-14-34-2N (CL 19) F4-4133C19D-16GTZR
            W 10x64 .

Comment

It seems to be a software bug on the v1.00.28 version. We've added this to the known issues.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                It seems to be a software bug on the v1.00.28 version. We've added this to the known issues.
                That's good to hear that you guys are aware of it. I look forward to a future release. And please make sure you guys post the driver properly this time so it doesn't ruin the detection like with the 1.00.28 drivers. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                  its been like that ever since from the first beta software lol. fix it
                  Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                  Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                  16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                  Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                  Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                  ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

bump this issue. its desyncs after a while.
                    Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                    Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                    16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                    Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                    Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                    ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

Working...
                    X