Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trident Z RGB not recognized by Mobo (Asus X99 deluxe ii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z RGB not recognized by Mobo (Asus X99 deluxe ii)

Hi everyone, this is very likely a newb question but hoping you can help me.

I have an Asus x99 deluxe ii, intel 6850k, and 64 gb of Trident Z RGB memory (two kits of 8gb*4) totaling 8 sticks all together.

Two quick notes - I haven't installed any Aura or G. Skill software (since I noticed so many people with compatibility issues), and the ram are in the default rainbow mode. I'm less concerned about that right now and just want to get the system to recognize all 8 sticks.

1) All 8 sticks light up in the default rainbow mode without issue.
    2) However, only 4 sticks are recognized by the Mobo/Windows.
    3) All 8 slots on the board are filled.
    4) Oddly, CPUZ shows 64gb per attached screenshots.
    5) Windows shows 32gb, keeping in line with the BIOS.

This is the model I purchased (2400) - again 2 kits of the 8gb*4.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820232480

I tried enabling/disabling XMP, enabled SPD, disabled SPD, tried to up the voltage very slightly (1.23v from stock 1.2). Not exactly sure what else to try at this point. I am assuming that since I'm getting light from all 8 sticks that the motherboard is not the problem. Is this an accurate assumption? If that is the case, is the problem simply that I need to get an 8 stick kit instead of two kits of 4 sticks?

Thank you all in advance for any help or guidance you can provide me here.

Cheers

Apologies, here are the attachments.
    Attached Files

Comment

Make sure each kit is installed in same color slots. If you continue to have the same problem, it may be best to exchange them for a single matching 8 module kit.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies, but is there an easy way to identify which sticks belong to each kit?

Comment

By their serial numbers, they should be sequential.

Comment

Thanks Quantum.

I've got it up and running now. Seems not only that it wanted each kit in each color slot, but the sequence within each kit also mattered (snapshot attached for reference in case this helps someone else with a similar problem. The snapshot is showing you the 8 slots on the mobo from left to right and the stick # that i placed into each slot).

1) 357-360 went in the gray slots
            2) 433-436 went in the black slots

Per the snapshot, the 1st scenario did not work for me - even though each kit was lined up in its own colored slots. I had to move the C1 slot to B1, C2 to B2 (and thus B1 to C1, and B2 to C2).

Talk about finnicky!!!

Thank you both again for the help with this.

Regards,
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad I could help resolve your issue, G.Skill and I could figure out a solution to mine!

DRAM not detected for 2 months now.

Comment

Working...
              X