Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TridentZ RGB Stick Not Lighting Up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TridentZ RGB Stick Not Lighting Up?

    I'm having an issue with one module not lighting up, no matter what I do. The kit has only been in use for a day, and Windows still sees 16GB, so the memory itself should still be okay. I contacted G.Skill via Twitter and got walked through the steps of trying to uninstall software to see if that helped, and even doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the G.Skill software itself. So far nothing has worked, including doing stuff like reseating it, moving it another slot, and moving my sticks to the other memory channel. My motherboard is the Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7, my CPU is an R7 1700, and the memory model is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR kit. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can fix it?

  • #2
    Do you have the latest BIOS?

    Do you have any other RGB software installed?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS?

      Do you have any other RGB software installed?
      I had Ryzen Master installed, but I was told that might conflict with the RAM. I've since uninstalled it. I have Gigabyte Fusion installed, but uninstalling that didn't help. Yes, I'm on the latest BIOS.
      Last edited by Crigaas; 04-06-2017, 11:17 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Crigaas View Post
        I'm having an issue with one module not lighting up, no matter what I do. The kit has only been in use for a day, and Windows still sees 16GB, so the memory itself should still be okay. I contacted G.Skill via Twitter and got walked through the steps of trying to uninstall software to see if that helped, and even doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the G.Skill software itself. So far nothing has worked, including doing stuff like reseating it, moving it another slot, and moving my sticks to the other memory channel. My motherboard is the Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7, my CPU is an R7 1700, and the memory model is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR kit. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can fix it?
        I have the same issue with one of my 32gb (8x4) sticks as well. haven't found a fix for it yet. I have the gigabyte 170 gaming 7 mobo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Firetech9 View Post
          I have the same issue with one of my 32gb (8x4) sticks as well. haven't found a fix for it yet. I have the gigabyte 170 gaming 7 mobo.
          I just got my kit two days ago. I just talked to a G.Skill representative on Newegg, and they suggested returning the kit. Luckily I have time to buy a new kit, and wait for it to arrive before I send the old kit back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Crigaas View Post
            I just got my kit two days ago. I just talked to a G.Skill representative on Newegg, and they suggested returning the kit. Luckily I have time to buy a new kit, and wait for it to arrive before I send the old kit back.
            Yea I've had mine for like a week. got an RMA directly from G.Skill. They said i only have to send back the one thats broken but I would have to send all of them to get a matching set back...

            How did you contact a G.Skill rep in newegg?

            Comment

            Working...
            X